VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Responce To 4 Year Old Nod?

Rate this question

les

Question

Your appeal is important to us and we hope this information is helpful. According to our records, your appeal is with the Decision Review Officer(DRO). We have not received your VCAA. Since sending the VCAA was optional, the DRO is now ready to move ahead with your appeal. I know it's not possible to know when a nod will be rated, But in 4 years I never received a iris like this. Has anyone ever received ready to move ahead with your appeal, and how long was the wait to get your ssoc? Thanks! Les

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think that you will be able to get a Statement of the Case until after you file a formal Form 9 and appeal and ask for it.

I am not clear on VCAA have you ever gotten that? Have you told the DRO to rate the claim with the evidence they have?

Good Luck

Can't say much on the timeframes as none of us can. However, once the DRO has issued a decision and it is unfavorable you will receive your SOC in about 10 days. You will Not file a form 9 until you receive your SOC for it is the official document of the VA which is supposed to/will allow you to formulate your form 9 and begin the traditional appeal process.

I received a soc july 2007, I then sent nod and also sent in form 9 as told to by dav rep. My hold up was because I had a c&p decision in Jan 2008 for ptsd witch was denide but they did extract gad and my dav rep said the dro will do all 4 of my appeals at once. I did receive a vcaa form to have my claim decided in May 2008 and I checked I did not have any more eveidence and to decied my appeals instead of waiting the 30 days. Well it has been 60 days allmost. Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

After my formal appeal on a form 9 I was notified that I had 60 days to add additional evidence before my claim would be sent to BVA. I got this same exact notice every 60 days and I would respond to each one and tell them to send the claim to BVA. It went on for almost 2 years till I found out that the VARO was waiting for my VSO to respond and he had moved to another office and my file and all those notices were sitting on an empty desk.

Since yours is repeating I suggest that you look into what is going on with VSO and where your file is.

Pete,

So the VA would not take action on what you sent them because you had a VSO/agent and did not get a response from the VSO/agent? I thought that if the Vet "took charge" of their claim and sent in information, that the VA would still process/move the claim along. :rolleyes: