VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi 100% First Time Exam

Rate this question

halos2

Question

:rolleyes: How many other people experienced the same problem? SSDI immediately granted 100% total disability yet the VA trys to look the other way and ignore this. How frustrating! Just keep fighting for what is right and justice for all.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

:rolleyes: How many other people experienced the same problem? SSDI immediately granted 100% total disability yet the VA trys to look the other way and ignore this. How frustrating! Just keep fighting for what is right and justice for all.

mine was the other way .. i got 70 IU and PT but even with that took 2 1/2 years to get SSD

• HadIt.com Elder

I know the whole process seems screwed up. Are you service connected for the same thing that SSD gave you the award? Sometimes that is the problem. Of course, I have seen this deal work in many different ways. Most of the cases that get screwed are a little different. The vet gets 100% for PTSD & then gets fancy with the SSD Claim & adds knee problem, hearing loss & God only knows what else to PTSD & SS tells him that he can work, you know the sit down type work. But when it is PTSD only in both claims the Vet wins most of the time.

Good Luck,

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

Great post Don.

The SSD award must be service connected issues for the VA to award claims.

I hope this is not this Vets sutuation and he was SSd'd for his Service connected issues.

That at least should get him IU.

J

In May I received 70% for PTSD and 10% for shrapnel residuals in my head. First time I had been to the VA. They deferred a claim for headaches. They told me there was an inferred claim for TDIU since I wasn't working and the C&P said I had "lost the ability to work". They sent me a TDIU form which I filled out and sent in. They also told me to file a claim for tinnitus since the C&P said I had it but I did not file for it. I also did that.

I filed a claim for SSDI on April 10 and it was approved on July 1. No exams. They just used VA C&P information and personal doctor reports. They also retroed me back for 1 year. Everything on the SS award is service connected. I will send this to my VSO on Monday and hopefully it will help with the TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got SSD in 4 months and it took much longer to get VA. I have noticed that VA relents and gives 100% in some form or another once you do the following:

A copy of your award letter and a clear request that VA grant full disability based on your Social Security Award and your other Medical Evidence.

Would you believe that many are denied cause they did not spell out what they want and why.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

I got SSDI in about 3-4 months, and yet it took over a year from that point to get 70% from the VA and another year to get TDIU. The VA's tactic was to try and blame my inability to work on a NSC condition even though the 70% was looking them in the face. I don't understand how SSA can do it in three months, and it takes the VA years even after you establish SC and submit evidence you are unemployable. The VA is good at seeing what they want to see, but once you get the SSD for SC condition you are on your way. You will get your TDIU or 100% if you persist and make sure they know you have SSD and can prove it. You could have SSD for twenty years and if the VA does not know it your effective date will become the day they get that evidence. That is the awful truth.