VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inquiry Answer To Tdiu

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received another response to the inquery concerning my TDIU Form.

Need Help, does anyone have any ideal of how I can get these folks

to acknowledge this form.

How can it ever be processed?

Thanks,

Betty

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 06/30/2008 02:42 PM

Ms. xxxxxxxx,

In response to your e-mail reply dated 6-28-2008 from our response dated 6-27-2008:

1) UNEMPLOYABILITY: We still have not received your VA Form 21-8940 from either the Roanoke VA Regional Office or an unnamed US Marine Corps recruiter.

2) DEPENDENCY: We are processing your claim for dependency because we received your request to add your husband, Rxx Wxxxxx xxxxx, to your compensation/benefits. We also received a VA Form 21-686c, Declaration of Status of Dependents.

3) HEADACHES: As stated in previous e-mail responses concerning your original headaches claim, the decision was made on March 23, 2004. You were notified of this decision on July 12, 2004. As a reminder, your appeal for headaches is being reviewed and our Appeals Team will notify you of the status upon completion of the review.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph R. Beaudoin

Veterans Service Center Manager

JJ/315/2111/thu7987

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the VARO with your date stamped copy of your TDIU form and start from there. How far are you from your VARO? Go there and talk to a person and ask where your TDIU for is. With these clowns they probably have it, but it is buried on someone's desk.

I would send them another TDIU form or a certified copy of your first one. Assuming you sent your first TDIU form by mail with return receipt, copy the return receipt/receipt that showed them that you sent it and who signed for it, to the back of the TDIU form. Then E-mail them that you are submiting once again a copy of the TDIU form with notation of the return receipt/recept with it, so that they can investigate who signed for the first mailing. In the E-mail note the return receipt number and who signed for it also.

When their is a question as to receipt of any forms being received, it is always best to hand deliver said forms whenever possible. Getting a date stamped copy and the name of the person, printed and signed. A supervised would be better, explaining that your return receipt mail is not getting to the people it should and is holding up your claim.

Also if sending by mail in cases such as yours, and you are in contact with a particular person, address your mail to that person specifically. To be delivered only to that person and not to just a mail clerk for signature. You would probably have to send it by Fed-X or by private messenger service. the cost is considerably more, but then the person cannot say they did not receive it.

I know it is frustrating when they say they didn't receive something, but playing their gaime and upping their responsibility as to who received it, becomes their problem.

Just a thought for principle sake. I wonder in cases like this whether or not some sort of legal action in small claims court could not be brought against the person who signed for your letter you can recoup your costs for the special handling of your subsequent mailings, since maybe the combination of actual mailing costs, travel expenses to and from the delivery Co. adds up to a sum worth the court action. Any actual costs, even long distant phone calls, cell phone costs can be added to the action also.

Rockhound rider :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder
Go to the VARO with your date stamped copy of your TDIU form and start from there. How far are you from your VARO? Go there and talk to a person and ask where your TDIU for is. With these clowns they probably have it, but it is buried on someone's desk.

John,

I am about a 9 hour drive from Huntington and 25 minutes from the

Roanoke R. O.

Only because of my niece, I am not allowed to be at my local Roanoke

R. O.

They say they are working on the headache claim and yet the Service

Manager told me I was denied July 12, 2004.

I was never denied, no one ever did anything with the claim.

What a mess I am in.

John,

There is no way that I can travel into West Va, due to my inner ear

condition. The Huntington R. O knows this also.

I will call upon Senator Warner to fax it through and see if they

acknowledge his copy.

Thanks,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder
I would send them another TDIU form or a certified copy of your first one. Assuming you sent your first TDIU form by mail with return receipt, copy the return receipt/receipt that showed them that you sent it and who signed for it, to the back of the TDIU form. Then E-mail them that you are submiting once again a copy of the TDIU form with notation of the return receipt/recept with it, so that they can investigate who signed for the first mailing. In the E-mail note the return receipt number and who signed for it also.

When their is a question as to receipt of any forms being received, it is always best to hand deliver said forms whenever possible. Getting a date stamped copy and the name of the person, printed and signed. A supervised would be better, explaining that your return receipt mail is not getting to the people it should and is holding up your claim.

Also if sending by mail in cases such as yours, and you are in contact with a particular person, address your mail to that person specifically. To be delivered only to that person and not to just a mail clerk for signature. You would probably have to send it by Fed-X or by private messenger service. the cost is considerably more, but then the person cannot say they did not receive it.

I know it is frustrating when they say they didn't receive something, but playing their gaime and upping their responsibility as to who received it, becomes their problem.

Just a thought for principle sake. I wonder in cases like this whether or not some sort of legal action in small claims court could not be brought against the person who signed for your letter you can recoup your costs for the special handling of your subsequent mailings, since maybe the combination of actual mailing costs, travel expenses to and from the delivery Co. adds up to a sum worth the court action. Any actual costs, even long distant phone calls, cell phone costs can be added to the action also.

Rockhound rider :rolleyes:

Rock,

I live about 25 minutes from the Roanoke R. O. My niece is a DRO

there, so I had to be shipped out of state.

I took the TDIU Form and the SS forms to the Roanoke R. O

and they date stamped them for me and sent them to Huntington for

me.

Unless they trashed them. Don't know.

I then waited and took them to the local Marine Recruiter and he

faxed them through again.

I will Fed X it straight to the service manager with his name on it.

thanks,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember you saying the relationship with the niece at Roanoke isn't the best, but maybe you could ask her to fax it for you. Surely they would recognize documents coming from another RO. Just a thought. If that's not possible, have your husband take it to Huntington and get it date stamped for you. Nobody ever said that the vet has to take it herself. If that won't work, then Fedex a copy, UPS a copy, and DHL a copy, all signature verification required. And be sure to tell them you want first and last name. When I sent in my 341 pages of evidence to the RO via UPS, I got a first name only signature. I paid almost $10 extra for the signature verification, so I was pissed! Luckily, the RO acknowledged receipt of the evidence within a few days, so nobody at UPS lost their heads.

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Shane,

She is not allowed to touch any of my veterans records.

I am a " Sensitive Six". I am sure while I was at the Roanoke

R. O her computer was throughly checked.

We get alone fine, I just wish she could have helped me to not fall

into so many pot holes.

The papers are already date stamped, by the Roanoke R. O.

I am going to try sending it overnight to this Service Manager

with him to sign it and no one else.

If not my husband may have to drive to Huntington for me.

Thanks a bunch,

Betty