VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva's Mail Debacle

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

Well I have seen a lot since January 2005, but never thought I would have the problem of convincing the Board of Veteran Appeals that I never received a mailed copy of their decision. Have repeatedly informed BVA of non receipt on at least four occasions. They assured me that they sent it to my Post Office Box...even read the correct number back to me, correct city, state, and zip code...of course the BVA cannot prove they sent it and for that matter they cannot confirm I received the decision ( which I did not). It will be 17 days from June 18, 2008 to Saturday Joly 5, 2008. Sent the decison via regular first class mail.

They did agree to send a second copy on June 29, 2008. To date second copy has not been received (and the first copy must be lost, stolen, destroyed or heavens, perhaps they never sent it? Tell me it ain't so oh great Secretay of the Department Of Veterans' Affairs....General Peake.

I have invoked great guns to blast them from their reticent actions to include invoking the rath of God, little Ole Me, My Counsel, and even my Congressman.....The mighty winds of the VA blew us all off. Then again who do I think I am >>>>after all they failded even to yet respond to a United States Congressman!

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

rthomass, I wonder this question too, do they send these particular decisions certified or FedEx? And as far as the Congressman, Senator, or Rep. just useless. I even had one congressman deliver paper work. Just to have the VA butter coat it and sent they exact reply. The VA stated it as if we are on it we just awarded Mr.XXX 40% his disabilities when in fact I had been 40% for the same injury for 13y. The VA are sharp, buddy they make you look like a cry baby just ever thing is so simple and its a misunderstanding on my part. made me just look like an a-hole the way the VA crafts them letters back to the bureaucrats....Then they write you then get that reply, blah, blah, blah. Just an empty letter other than having them request a copy of my c-file. Other than that they have no influences what so ever over your claim..

• HadIt.com Elder

Rob, Who are you using as a Veterans Rep? They may have it. If they did more for Vets instead of going convention hopping it would work out better.

rthomass, I wonder this question too, do they send these particular decisions certified or FedEx? And as far as the Congressman, Senator, or Rep. just useless. I even had one congressman deliver paper work. Just to have the VA butter coat it and sent they exact reply. The VA stated it as if we are on it we just awarded Mr.XXX 40% his disabilities when in fact I had been 40% for the same injury for 13y. The VA are sharp, buddy they make you look like a cry baby just ever thing is so simple and its a misunderstanding on my part. made me just look like an a-hole the way the VA crafts them letters back to the bureaucrats....Then they write you then get that reply, blah, blah, blah. Just an empty letter other than having them request a copy of my c-file. Other than that they have no influences what so ever over your claim..

Yoggie - the VA just does not like you!!! hahahahahhahahah

Ron - maybe instead of a jackass they used a chicken and somewhere along your mail route there was a very hungry dog who ate the chicken!!!!! Then he had the mail for desert!!!!!!hahahahahaha

Edited by Ricky

Well Ricky if the Dog ate the chicken and had the letter for desert he well have some feathers to show for it.

Seriously in accordance with 38 USC Sec. 7104 © (2) (e) "(1) After reaching a decision on a case, the Board shall promply mail a copy of its written decision to the claimant at the last know address of the claimant.

(2) If the claimant has an authorized representative , the Board Shall....

(A) mail a copy of its written decision to the authorizes representative; or

(:rolleyes: send a copy of its written decision to the the authorized representative by any means reasonably likely to provide the authorized representative with a copy of the decision within the same time a copy would be expected to reach the authorized representative if sent by first class mail.

Neither I or my counsel have received a copy of stated decision. Decision was alledgedly mailed June 18. 2008. Well as I said the one way to tell if you have roaches is turn on the kitchen light.....so I going to take my trusty picket sign to the Ole Regional Office today and turn the lights on!

Edited by rthomass

Rob,

What finally worked for me after 9 years is I got smart & got a Lawyer.

Some Vets don't like Lawyers as they get 20% of back pay.

But, isn't 80% of back pay & a check each month worth 20 %?

GARY