VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-evaluation

Rate this question

usnhmret

Question

I am 90% SC which was rated about two years now. A month and a half ago I was informed that I was to have an appointment with the mental health department. It was a different date than my usual appointment and with a psychologist and not my usual psychiatrist. It ended up being a C&P exam. At the end of the appointment the Doc said that he determined that I was worse off than I was previously rated.

That wasn't a surprise to me since my appointments that I have every six months usually last only 5 minutes and consist of the doc either rewriting my script or trying to add some med based on little or no input from me. (the med was commonly used for patients with schizophrenia, I don't have, but once mentioned that my youngest brother suffers from) I went home and read about the med and decided that I didn't want to sit around the house drooling. On my next visit told the doc this and he removed it from my meds. I realize that the shrinks are probably overwhelmed with returning vets, but for me the care in this department has been sub-par to the rest of the care I get from the VA.

the good thing to come out of the re-eval was the doc gave me several ideas on how to pursue my recovery in mental health. I have an appointment this week and will be a little more pro-active.

Sorry it took so long for my question. With the C&P doc saying that I am worse off, do I have to file for an increased rating? The reason I ask is by the charts I'm at 92% and an increase would put me at 100%. The dental care alone would be worth putting in any paperwork I need to. Or should I bother my VSO rep who did my initial claim? Thanks guys.

BTW, does anyone have any recommendations for a VSO in the Seattle area? A friend just retired and is letting the VA do his claim for him. I tried looking up the AMVet rep in that area but I can't find one.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not working you should ask for 100%. Even at 90% its hard to get another rating and be over 100% the way the VA does the math. You would have to be rated a minimum of 50% to get 100%.

Good Luck