VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After 4 Years Dro Finished My Appeals July 2 2008

Rate this question

les

Question

I just called the great 800# LOL. They told me my appeals of 4 years have been done on July 2 2008. I called my DAV rep in Philly and just my luck he is on vacation untill monday the 14th. I know as well as anybody that there is no time frame for anything the Va. dose, But to the people who has had a appeal decision how long did it take you to get the decision? Anyone who has been thru an appeal has to know my anxiety level is now off the charts. Thanks for helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LES

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I started in 2003 had DRO sept 07 and got decision Mar 08 one went to 50 from 30 and other denied again going to BVA

now. Did you request copy of transcript? I did it took till jun08 to get incomplete copy...Good luck with yours. Did you have someone go with you?

I just called the great 800# LOL. They told me my appeals of 4 years have been done on July 2 2008. I called my DAV rep in Philly and just my luck he is on vacation untill monday the 14th. I know as well as anybody that there is no time frame for anything the Va. dose, But to the people who has had a appeal decision how long did it take you to get the decision? Anyone who has been thru an appeal has to know my anxiety level is now off the charts. Thanks for helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LES

• HadIt.com Elder

That is an absurd amount of time for a DRO. The VA is abusing their own system. If they have finished your appeal at the DRO it should be pretty fast as far as getting something in writing. No one can tell you how long because no one knows. 4 years for a DRO is just way too long. What were they doing with your claim. I am at the busiest VARO in the nation and it does not take that long. You could have taken a trip to the BVA, done a remand and had a new appeal in that time. Did you move during the process from one RO to another?

I called the 800 # back to get anouther opinion. And was told by a guy who talked to me for about 10 minutes that the dro was not done with my appeals! He told me that my appeals went to the reveiwers office on July 2 08 and as of July 3 08 they have a 60 day window to complete my appeals. He told me it will probably not take the full 60 days. So anouther example of the 800 people trying to guess at what is in front of them. Did the flip flop surprise me? Hell no, been there done that with them. But to the guy who did his best to explain to me how it was I thank him!

Hi John and everyone, my appeal taking 4 years is due to a number of things, I had a dro decision denials june 2007, I filed a nod in july 1007. In January 2008 I had a claim for ptsd denide but the va extracted gad out of it and my dav rep filled an appeal for this and now the dro is supposed to reveiw all my 4 claims denials together. I'm hanging on to the great VA roller coaster, boy am I having fun!!! LMAO