VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Top This?

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Hello, I am as all of you, very frustrated with the lack of VA responses, treatment, and falsifications,etc.

Beginning: On special drill team while in tech school and injured legs...

well looks like you have some vericose veins now take it easy dr response

Went on bivouac while in tech training and got pink eye in both, so sent me back to barracks 2 days early( by the way all the bombs going off outside the tents made my ears ring(tinnitis) and I slept through the granades as the ringing was louder so others had to "shake and wake" to get me up.

And what about those gas masks and how they took them off of you in the large dark buildings and you had to find your way out crying and choking and feeling your way through the dark).

Well you graduate and get sent to anotherbase and now we need dental techs more then medics so youget OJT.

Time goes by yrs and you hurt your back...Dr puts you on bedrest, ice, pain meds, no work for days...jump ahead after dr visits for 2 months(14) pt for 20 days, more meds, more exercises to do,more evals from pt and ortho and they give you back braces to wear...and say well?? I guess standing agravates it so wear your brace and take your pain pills...

Then something else traumatic occurs...mths later you get your honorable discharge and go home wearinyour back brace and taking your pain meds...

You see drs all these years for your back...pain pills and braces and tens units...go to VA as expensive for back and get more of the same for 3 yrs but drive is 135 miles one way...so you go to dr by you and some the original ones from when you got out. All the years you work go to college raise your family then have an operation and BAM- you are totally disabled

You wait thinking it willget better but 8 mths later you resign you job.

You tried accupuncture, heat, ice, pt, exercises, chiropracture treatments, more meds, then holistic approaches vitamins/massage/herbal etc... no relief

You apply for SSDI and immediately get 100% granted, they tell you go back to VA but you think itcan't last...

Gets WORSE ever. So you call VA they send you forms mar 2003, you wait, you get as SO and he says VA can't find forms give them to me...I did he looses them I have to refile dec 2004...

Go to VA aug 2005 for C&P examiner is 3 hrs late rushes you through and says your back is terrible, but writes I coul almost do cartwheels(exaggeration but you get the pic as looks ok)

Then I go for my other C&P and wait...finally get decision back denied and 30% for other condition, meanwhile I thought the SO was working or doing something with my case-10 mths later I file NOD for both conditions and discover I HAVE TO DO THE WORK ON MY CASE, that is if I want to win...

While waiting I get a letter I am deceased, then they want to sever my 30% and tell me back denied did not file in time yet both on same form...So I request DRO personal hearing nd De novo wait mths...tell all and give evidence from 1969-1970 to current 2007....In the meantime I bought many books and searched the net and am on my 3rd printer as it has become m obsession to do all of the work with my claim.

They realized their mistake to sever as VA made assumption on file did not read specifics documented so they offered 50% and deny back again. Did not allow 2 IMO's but used the one from the VA C&P??? What a slap in the face! I requested copy of transcript took months and many requests to get...some info where I gave name of examiner and faulty exam and how VA removed her from doing exams as not a DR, and VA employee who ASSUMED and tried to sever and such is not on the transcript at all.

So I filled for BVA for back...I tried to condense this down didn't mention the steroid shots, x-rays. CT's, MRI's and other but how does you injury and claim compare? Oh yeah was stationd by AO for almost 2 yrs it was in over 15,000 plus drums leaking out at the base. Many cancers in those who lived in the area, also birth defects, and when Katrina hit here it came up again seeping out of the ground...govt did a 635 pg report on it but nothing says it may cause fibro... Tinnitis denied as they said dental was not near loud noises and didn't see bivouac in file, plus hearing records good on enlistment ans decreased significantly on discharge... Oh well keeps my mind working figuring out why the VA wear blinders when dealing with files!

Oh by the way they did the forms they sent me from 2003 but the did not send me the right forms to file so they said they couldn't use that date!!

And how is your day fellow vets? Lets hang in there and never give up.

Love, Luck, Health, Happiness to all! :lol::rolleyes: :P :(

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Forgot to mention the bilateral knee braces too.

And please do not think I am seeking a who's is worse case scenario, I am just trying to let all VETS know how the processes are blatantly flawed for all and how much do they think a person can take. Mostly to let people know even though you get jacked anound by the VA, you are not alone, as others do too.

Thanks to all. :(

Hello, I am as all of you, very frustrated with the lack of VA responses, treatment, and falsifications,etc.

Beginning: On special drill team while in tech school and injured legs...

well looks like you have some vericose veins now take it easy dr response

Went on bivouac while in tech training and got pink eye in both, so sent me back to barracks 2 days early( by the way all the bombs going off outside the tents made my ears ring(tinnitis) and I slept through the granades as the ringing was louder so others had to "shake and wake" to get me up.

And what about those gas masks and how they took them off of you in the large dark buildings and you had to find your way out crying and choking and feeling your way through the dark).

Well you graduate and get sent to anotherbase and now we need dental techs more then medics so youget OJT.

Time goes by yrs and you hurt your back...Dr puts you on bedrest, ice, pain meds, no work for days...jump ahead after dr visits for 2 months(14) pt for 20 days, more meds, more exercises to do,more evals from pt and ortho and they give you back braces to wear...and say well?? I guess standing agravates it so wear your brace and take your pain pills...

Then something else traumatic occurs...mths later you get your honorable discharge and go home wearinyour back brace and taking your pain meds...

You see drs all these years for your back...pain pills and braces and tens units...go to VA as expensive for back and get more of the same for 3 yrs but drive is 135 miles one way...so you go to dr by you and some the original ones from when you got out. All the years you work go to college raise your family then have an operation and BAM- you are totally disabled

You wait thinking it willget better but 8 mths later you resign you job.

You tried accupuncture, heat, ice, pt, exercises, chiropracture treatments, more meds, then holistic approaches vitamins/massage/herbal etc... no relief

You apply for SSDI and immediately get 100% granted, they tell you go back to VA but you think itcan't last...

Gets WORSE ever. So you call VA they send you forms mar 2003, you wait, you get as SO and he says VA can't find forms give them to me...I did he looses them I have to refile dec 2004...

Go to VA aug 2005 for C&P examiner is 3 hrs late rushes you through and says your back is terrible, but writes I coul almost do cartwheels(exaggeration but you get the pic as looks ok)

Then I go for my other C&P and wait...finally get decision back denied and 30% for other condition, meanwhile I thought the SO was working or doing something with my case-10 mths later I file NOD for both conditions and discover I HAVE TO DO THE WORK ON MY CASE, that is if I want to win...

While waiting I get a letter I am deceased, then they want to sever my 30% and tell me back denied did not file in time yet both on same form...So I request DRO personal hearing nd De novo wait mths...tell all and give evidence from 1969-1970 to current 2007....In the meantime I bought many books and searched the net and am on my 3rd printer as it has become m obsession to do all of the work with my claim.

They realized their mistake to sever as VA made assumption on file did not read specifics documented so they offered 50% and deny back again. Did not allow 2 IMO's but used the one from the VA C&P??? What a slap in the face! I requested copy of transcript took months and many requests to get...some info where I gave name of examiner and faulty exam and how VA removed her from doing exams as not a DR, and VA employee who ASSUMED and tried to sever and such is not on the transcript at all.

So I filled for BVA for back...I tried to condense this down didn't mention the steroid shots, x-rays. CT's, MRI's and other but how does you injury and claim compare? Oh yeah was stationd by AO for almost 2 yrs it was in over 15,000 plus drums leaking out at the base. Many cancers in those who lived in the area, also birth defects, and when Katrina hit here it came up again seeping out of the ground...govt did a 635 pg report on it but nothing says it may cause fibro... Tinnitis denied as they said dental was not near loud noises and didn't see bivouac in file, plus hearing records good on enlistment ans decreased significantly on discharge... Oh well keeps my mind working figuring out why the VA wear blinders when dealing with files!

Oh by the way they did the forms they sent me from 2003 but the did not send me the right forms to file so they said they couldn't use that date!!

And how is your day fellow vets? Lets hang in there and never give up.

Love, Luck, Health, Happiness to all! :lol::rolleyes: :P :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

Halos2,

I might be able to match your battle with my 8.5 year battle to win a slam dunk claim. However, it would take to much time to type. I would rather concentrate on your claim. It sounds like they gave you 50% for something but denied your back.

So I filled for BVA for back...I tried to condense this down didn't mention the steroid shots, x-rays. CT's, MRI's and other but how does you injury and claim compare?

When you say "I tried" are you arguing the claim yourself. What medical evidence do you have to show a link between the inservice back condition and your current back condition. You need to get a doctor to specifically write an opinion that links inservice to post service conditions. If you are arguing this yourself the VA will not listen to you. Why was it denied?

The VA will weigh the evidence in favor of your claim with the evidence against the claim. If you had any post service accidents or injuries it can confuse the claim.

From what you posted so far the medical evidence needs to be developed that links your current condition to the inservice condition.

Hoppy yes both related to service connection and one sent treatment records again for all the yrs I saw him and his dad early 1970 but they said :

"An opinion that does not take into consideration the veteran's entire medical history and other potential sources of the claimed disability is not considered credible for rating purposes...the Dr's statements are not credible in that they were not based on a complete review of your complete medical records or medical history.

All of the records of previous treatment by them were included!

"There is no mention of the normal clinical evaluation on the military separation examination conducted in 1970...nor is there any mention of the doumented intercurrent low back injuries in 1985 and 1998."

The Dr in his files to them documented auto accident @ 20mph and 2 falls in 1985 and pulled back moving desk in 1998, yet they say there is no mention but that is how they knew it by my records from him.

My separation exam was a joke...wrong date of injury on it,it says "one time injury jul and there is no such injury then!" It was 2 mths later. not signed by the DR who did it but initialed by someone else and signed by the other person not the doctor.

But front of form 89 states back injury of any kind; back brace or support; pain medication...

Yes me and my books started this alone then I found one VA supervisor who started to help me from when they declared me deceased and through the sever problems to the DRO hearing process, but they have been shifting him(demoting in job duties) to other areas(I think they found out he was helping vets too much) and now his personal # he gave me is invalid but I know he is still there. He is of our age bracket too. Also by chance I found vawatchdog.org and Jim Strickland and he has helped me too. Then I found this site by searching 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I do have a SO, and thats all I can say about that.

Halos2,

I might be able to match your battle with my 8.5 year battle to win a slam dunk claim. However, it would take to much time to type. I would rather concentrate on your claim. It sounds like they gave you 50% for something but denied your back.

So I filled for BVA for back...I tried to condense this down didn't mention the steroid shots, x-rays. CT's, MRI's and other but how does you injury and claim compare?

When you say "I tried" are you arguing the claim yourself. What medical evidence do you have to show a link between the inservice back condition and your current back condition. You need to get a doctor to specifically write an opinion that links inservice to post service conditions. If you are arguing this yourself the VA will not listen to you. Why was it denied?

The VA will weigh the evidence in favor of your claim with the evidence against the claim. If you had any post service accidents or injuries it can confuse the claim.

From what you posted so far the medical evidence needs to be developed that links your current condition to the inservice condition.

halos2,

In your post,

"An opinion that does not take into consideration the veteran's entire medical history and other potential sources of the claimed disability is not considered credible for rating purposes...the Dr's statements are not credible in that they were not based on a complete review of your complete medical records or medical history.

For VA Rating purposes Credible Evidence is defined by VA as: Evidence that is inherently believable

or has been received from a competent source.

"There is no mention of the normal clinical evaluation on the military separation examination conducted in 1970...nor is there any mention of the doumented intercurrent low back injuries in 1985 and 1998."

The Dr in his files to them documented auto accident @ 20mph and 2 falls in 1985 and pulled back moving desk in 1998, yet they say there is no mention but that is how they knew it by my records from him.

Did you serve more than one term of enlistment ? If your separation examination was conducted in 1970 then

how do "2 falls in 1985 and pulled back moving desk in 1998" relate to the claim for SC ? Do you feel that somehow

the falls and pulled back are secondary to an already SC'd disability ?? Regarding the documentation in the Dr's files

of these injuries, are they supported by Medical Evidence or History ??

carlie

Carlis, One enlistment.

The VA is trying to imply the other injuries are the cause not the one in service. The Dr notes show visits and treatments at the clinic as evidence of other injuries that occurred but the original injury was inservice and I have always worn a back brace since discharge and all these years.

The original back injury inservice weakened my spinal process and thereby my structure was always painful and mobility limited. I always took pain meds and back treatments, chiropractic, accupuncture, massage,heat,rest,topical pain meds as well as oral, tens unit, all listed previously.

I hurt my back and suffered all these years and paid for by myself except when I went to the va for treatment. All documented in SMR, but VA wants to look for 2ndary instead...

halos2,

In your post,

For VA Rating purposes Credible Evidence is defined by VA as: Evidence that is inherently believable

or has been received from a competent source.

Did you serve more than one term of enlistment ? If your separation examination was conducted in 1970 then

how do "2 falls in 1985 and pulled back moving desk in 1998" relate to the claim for SC ? Do you feel that somehow

the falls and pulled back are secondary to an already SC'd disability ?? Regarding the documentation in the Dr's files

of these injuries, are they supported by Medical Evidence or History ??

carlie

Perhaps if you can show Continuity of Care during the majority of these years,

even if it was through non- VA Medical care you may have a shot at it.

You would need to gather all of your old records that show the back brace being

RX'd perhaps thru the Prosthetics Department since this is shown since discharge,

along with the Ten's Unit and who-ever RX'd it, Pharmacy records can be non-VA for Rx'd pain meds,

list of doctor's appointments and RX'd bedrest, loss of time at work - combine

all that evidence with your SMR's and try to get an IMO to provide your nexus.

Eventually, presenting enough medical evidence is what will get a claim granted.

jmho,

xcarlie