VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Site That Helps Vets Do Thier Claims

Rate this question

ruby

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi,

The link within your post seems to provide good information. I did note however, that there wasn't a section concerning the VA "losing" documents and/or ignoring evidence.

:rolleyes:

Ron

Not my site found it by accident. I think its good for people who do thier own and have no idea how to do a claim.

Filing a claim by yourself (unless you understand how the system works) is a no no..you should be using a VSO to file for you. Then when it becomes beyond a VSO's ability.....get a va lawyer...

a lot of the stories you hear about "I've been waiting for years" was filed by the person....

• HadIt.com Elder

Buick, then you must know some VSO's that I haven't had the pleasure to meet, YET.

:P

I have always filed my own claims on the Vonapp application site, I have had no problem getting 60% SC, I guess it just matters where ya live.

I have always filed my own claims on the Vonapp application site, I have had no problem getting 60% SC, I guess it just matters where ya live.

Like you, I prefer to do things online. I also used Vonapp for my VA claim. It was adequate for completing the necessary forms, but all the substantiating documentation, including the signature page, has to be mailed via the postal system or a commercial entity such as FEDEX. I found Vonapp to be about one percent of the total process.

The fact that you had no problem getting 60 percent SC is a testament to your thoroughness. And...some VAROs seem to be more competent than others. Another factor in achieving an award is the disability itself. I do not have PTSD, but from what I've read it is much more difficult to prove a PTSD case than hearing loss for example.

I would like to see an option where all the documentation could be forwarded to the VARO electronically AND the documents they have be available to view online. Paper documents in the possession of the claimant could be converted to PDF and uploaded to a database.

Before I left academia, all our research proposals submitted to the National Science Foundation and many other Federal agencies were submitted in the manner I discussed above.

Ron

Edited by Ron II