VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

About A Month Ago I Reported On A Friends Sister's Award

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

She received her award letter but w/no explanation of retro award amount. She's still checking on that. Anyway, she first stopped working in 9/01. Filed for SSDI in 12/06. Two denials (not including ALLSUP's denial, to accept her claim, which means they didn't get the $5300 fee that was paid to her lawyer) and then an ALJ review. The ALJ saw no need for a hearing and ordered her disability date beginning as of 9/01. SSDI awarded her a date of 8/05, 17 months prior to her application date, which complies w/their rules. She will be appealing for the 9/01 date the ALJ's order established. I will update as available. Her atty has already been paid her $5300 fee. BTW, ALLSUP only takes claims that are easy and a shoe-in, so if they'll take your claim you may not need an atty. jmo

pr

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

May seem so but just cause its an easy claim does not mean a sick Vet can do it.

Good for Her

But like Pete said it (SSDI) can be a mountain of from info on time with their forms etc.

and someone that knows all the ins and outs can help I am using "Allsup" but Iam just a old Grunt and I do not know about nor can do all the things that may need to be done on time with Rounds on Target. . . So if you can do it go for it if not ASK for help that is some thing that took me years to learn and you know something it is people like you and All the very great people right here at "hadit" that make it all work

Remember what Tony da Tiger said "There Great"

Sgt Mac