VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Using Mtf Records

Rate this question

Guest DDWUSN

Question

Guest DDWUSN

Does anyone know if?

SSDI uses Military Treatment Facilities medical records when processing cases?

I have over a dozen visits to FT. Leavenworth for orthopedic issues, and physical therapy, as well as regular and seperation physical. These records were included in my application along with medical records from my Primary Care manager, and 5 other orthopedic surgeons, and pain manager. Has anyone had good results with SSDI using their MTF records to establish or verify medical problems with these records???

Also wondering, if anyone knows that 2 botched knee replacements, and still walking with cane, or walker for long distances, and osteoarthrits diagnosis, along with pain disorder, can get qualified for SSDI. Records state no prolonged sitting, standing, walking, driving, over 30 minutes without rest, no run, nu jump, and no swim?????

Thanks

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your MTF records can certainly be used for SSDI. As a MOF, they will probably carry more weight than private medical records (you know, it's much less likely that you'd be "buddys" with the military doctors, etc., etc.).

And, if you cannot work due to your disability(s), then most certainly you qualify for SSDI.

(I speak from personal knowledge).

I was awarded strictly on VA records. With SSD you must not be able to do anything or require frequent rest periods longer than 30 mins.

If you have to rest 15 mins every hour no one will hire you. If you have to rest every 4 hours for 15 mins thats a different colored horse.

If your greater than 55 it's much easier.

While I don't know exactly why I won. I think the fact my doctors said no repetitive motions with my hands, nor lifting, standing, sitting etc more than 15 mins and that in his opinion I was completely disabled had alot to do with it along with my xrays. I had many issues only the arthritis was what kept me from working. My asthma helped, which meant I couldn't be exposed to odors.

If your young most likely they will deny. Go back and read my replies to others regarding some sites I recommended, they helped me alot.

Guest DDWUSN

How long did it take you to receive SSDI benefits?

I read the SSA portion for military personnel injured anywhere. I was in a motor vehicle accident that caused most of the damage, and just recently received the message from PERS to retire to TDRL effective 12 Oct. 2008. I sent in the SSDI application, as they told me I could while on active, and if I am on LIMDU or light duty, thay can approve it. It is at the DDS right now, and they have all records needed. I am sure with a list of illments as long as mine, and the fact I have been on LIMDU or loght duty for 28 months, unable to work a full day, and having pretty sever restrictions will work.

It's only been a 1 1/2 months, nut should I call the processor or will that slow things down?

I filed Jan 10 went to DDS Jan 18. Had exam March 30 and April 9th. Approved April 23th. Received official letter mid June.

Most all approvals are sent to QA and that takes another 1-2 months.

DDS will make their decision within 2-3 weeks after your exam. If it doesn't go to QA then you will now within 2 weeks of that time, if it goes to QA you will wait 1-2 more months.

Once a decision is made, ask if it went to QA if it did go in person to the SSA office and ask what the prelimary decision was.

Guest DDWUSN

Thanks for the info. I was reading that sometimes they do not do an exam. Has anyone here actually been approved for bene's without having an exam????

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I was approved for SSDI with no exam other than the one conducted by my private physician. He just read my x-rays and read his report into my private medical records and that is what the SSA used to grant my claim. I was not sent to the SSA doctor at all.