VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

My husband and I were talking about if something happened to him, would I get DIC. He says no and I say yes...

He is 70% but paid at the 100% IU level with no future exams, so I think that's TDIU. I get CHAMPVA and we get all the other bennies that go with the 100%. Anyway, would I get paid DIC if something happened to him?

thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You will get DIC if you are married to him for at least the last eight years and he lives at least ten years after getting TDIU. Also, if he dies as a result of a SC disability you get DIC regardless of how long he has been disabled. If he dies of a SC condition you get DIC.

• HadIt.com Elder
You will get DIC if you are married to him for at least the last eight years and he lives at least ten years after getting TDIU. Also, if he dies as a result of a SC disability you get DIC regardless of how long he has been disabled. If he dies of a SC condition you get DIC.

Well put John.

~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA agrees with the diagnosis that a Service Connected DIsease caused the death. The VA is pretty tricky and many need the help of a Doctor to prove their claim.

It was a red letter day for me when I made 10 years at 100% now I am marking time for 20 at 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

I have until Nov 2013 Pete keeping my fingers crossed now if my lawyer can get my heart SC back to Nov 2002 it will be 2012 lol

Wings,

Have friend who is a vet married to a vet, she is 30% and he is 70% with 100% IU and both are SSDI. She asked if he dies can she still get DIC from him? Couldn't give her an answer, as I was not sure. Do you know? Also can she get his SSDI instead of hers as his is about 400 more each month?

Hope you might have an answer for either or both questions. Thanks

Well put John.

~Wings

Wings,

Have friend who is a vet married to a vet, she is 30% and he is 70% with 100% IU and both are SSDI. She asked if he dies can she still get DIC from him? Couldn't give her an answer, as I was not sure. Do you know? Also can she get his SSDI instead of hers as his is about 400 more each month?

Hope you might have an answer for either or both questions. Thanks

Well put John.

~Wings