VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legal Representation For Va Appeals

Rate this question

Armand

Question

Does anyone have anything positive to say about hiring a law firm that is knowledgeable in veteran's appeals? Good or bad, let me know.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Having beem shafted because of an incompenant DAV service officer I learned that it is my claim. No one cares more about your claim than you do. Noone should know your claim better than you do, if fact I will go as far to say that noone could know your claim better than you could, if you only apply youself. I do not trust lawyers, they are only motivated by money, and will be willing to settle for 10% even if they felt that you had 20% coming. Most service officers don't have the time to devote to your claim, and many don't really understand the process although you are led to believe that they do. If yoiu are able you really should do your own claim, if this is not posssible than a close family member should step in. A lawyer or SO should be the last choice. JMHO

I'm trying to find a Lawyer to file for SSDI again. I want to find a Lawyer that deals with Disabled Veterans issues since I'm 100% P&T. Most of the lawyers that I spoke with seem only interested in making a buck. I know that is waht they do for a living, but I need one that knows both the VA and SS systems. Where can I begin to try to find such a Lawyer in Miami, FL? I've contacted NOSSCR for a refferal, but when I asked two lawyers they did not seem to know much about Veterans Affairs. Can anyone help? Thanks

Have you contacted ALLSUP?

http://www.allsup.com/Home.aspx

They are SSDI disability experts- if they take your case they charge a fee comparable to an attorney-

A SSA attorney would not take our case regarding a reconsideration request.

I filed it for my husband myself with the supporting evidence.

4 months later I called the attorney and told him he just lost over 4 thousand bucks- (20 or 25 % of the retro we got from SSA)

He said he would sure start looking at VA Compensation differently-

The SSA awarded the reconsideration solely on VA medical records.

Here is another link for attorneys for SSA:

http://www.disabilitylawyers.com/

If the SSA denied due to a question of work credits- that is something a lawyer might not be able to help with at all.

A question of disability hoqwever is different.

Did the SSA have full knowledge that you were 100% P & T from the VA when they denied?

• HadIt.com Elder

Armand

I hired a lawyer to help me do a CUE claim. The DAV guy just laughed at me when I told him what I wanted to do. If you have a complicated claim that involves some decent retro I think that is a major incentive for a lawyer to take your case. They get 20% of the retro so they are motivated. You kindly DAV guy gets the same if you win or lose that 20 years of retro. If you were arrested for a crime would you rather have pay a good criminal defense lawyer, or rely on a public defender?

The public defender, like a VSO, tells you to take a plea.