VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Oh Where Has My Little Claim Gone!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I put in for an increase in April 07 and when I got a decesion letter it did not mention the three other itwmes I had put in for an increase and a another (hbp) that iwas applying to get sc. Well I waited until Feb. 08 and got a new vso and together we wrote up a letter and asked VA to rate these and also added two other new items to my claim. That was in feb.08 I Had a C&P in April 08 and just got a letter July 08 telling me they are contacting my foot doctor on one of the items and once they get taht information they will move along with my claim.

Christ I sent them the info to concat my doctor back in Feb.08 and signed the release of information form and they are just getting around with that??? Man they are really running slow or someone screwed up and they just caught. Either way they mess with us vets!

Goodluck all with your claims, sometimes I think that is the best we can do!!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I put in for an increase in April 07 and when I got a decesion letter it did not mention the three other itwmes I had put in for an increase and a another (hbp) that iwas applying to get sc. Well I waited until Feb. 08 and got a new vso and together we wrote up a letter and asked VA to rate these and also added two other new items to my claim. That was in feb.08 I Had a C&P in April 08 and just got a letter July 08 telling me they are contacting my foot doctor on one of the items and once they get taht information they will move along with my claim.

Christ I sent them the info to concat my doctor back in Feb.08 and signed the release of information form and they are just getting around with that??? Man they are really running slow or someone screwed up and they just caught. Either way they mess with us vets!

Goodluck all with your claims, sometimes I think that is the best we can do!!

My advise if you want to get your claim approved in record time, do not depend on the va to get anything for you. It is your claim. You and only you know what medical evidence you have and you should know what you need to get your claim approved. Before you even submit that claim you should have already requested a copy of all your medical records, and reviewed them to insure that they are complete. Once you do this submit only the medical records that applies to the claim with the claim itself. This not only saves you time in the claims processing, but you will have peace of mind knowing that you have insured that the va has everything to rate your claim, (except maybe a C/P). And never submit anything less than certified return receipt, the va may still say they didn't get the claim, but you will have proff that they are wrong. JMHO

I agree.They send you a release of information form for a doctor or hospital, you fill out the form and send it back, they send the form to the hospital, the hospital sends them the information. :lol: If on your claim you say you had treatment at hospital X and lab test at Y, you know they are going to want to see that evidence. Download a release of information form, take it to hospital X and Y, wait 10 - 15 min for them to copy all your records, take records, release of information form to VARO put it in their hand date stamped. Should take about one day. :P Or you can wait for the VA to do it, 2 or three months. ;) Don't complain about the wait. They can not make a decision until the rater see's this information. :P It's your time. Stillhere, I am not talking about you in particular. I know this works because I did it. SSD and IU. People are lazy, human nature. Make it as easy as possible for them to determine your claim. (Take the work out of it). :P I also downloaded the form for Employers statements, contacted the employers myself and turned that in with the IU application. One #$%^& employer did not respond, held me up 90 days. Go to your foot doctor and get the records, take them to the VARO and put them in their hands. You still need to download their (VA) form, they love their forms.You have had your C&P and that might be all (the evidence) they need to decide the claim. Sounds to me like it is at the raters and perhaps he has already decided in your favor but needs that evidence from the foot doctor just for the legal record. I like to think positive.

Where has my little claim gone? It may be at the raters, waiting on you to act. :lol:

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

OH I agree with the both of you and I did send everything excet this one thing from the foot doctor. But I did send the autho form and it took them till June 27 to ask for his report!! I filed in Feb. and had a C&P in April 17th to be exact. And they wait till June 27th to tell me they are requesting info%%&^&* Come on that is ridicouolus!

Thanks for the replys tho.

Stillhere