VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Active Duty Mental Health Jacket

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I posted this on another post and I have been to Hell and back to try to find my Mental Health Jacket and here it is....

I got my medical records or my SMR's, I can't get my hands on my Mental Health Jacket I have written everyone and its the icing on the cake. I got the VA pretty good but this is the clincher. The VARO stated in my denial that I had no record of any treatment in service and I know for a fact this is BULL. How in the world can the VARO make an assessment like that and at least send me an empty folder or and eval from when I entered service. I can't get my hands on any mental health records from Active Duty.......thanks 4 your help.. Rich

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yoggie - normally the mental health record is held sep from the SMR's you are going to have to contact the MHC/facility where your received your treatment.

Yoggie - normally the mental health record is held sep from the SMR's you are going to have to contact the MHC/facility where your received your treatment.

And what if you need records of this kind, that is to say, nursing notes, actual exam or test results, EEG tracings, etc. that are mentioned in Medical Board Summery Report, that are more than thirty years old and from what I can find out, the Hospital has been moved and built anew?

Rockhound Rider :huh:

I was treated while on active duty at Ft. Eustis VA and in the Gulf for server depression and anxiety.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie,

That is the same bull that I listened to from the VA for 40 years.

Each filing some counselor would lie and say no " Psychiatric Records"

existed.

Not true. I took out a pen and paper and sit down and wrote the ST.

Louis Archives and explained in detail what I needed.

One of the technicians called me and there they were.

They were stored and are stored in a separate area from your

SMR's at the Archives.

I lucked out and proved the VA wrong. I am like you, I had enough

sense to know what I had been treated for and when.

Each filing, the VA stated no treatment in service within the SMR's.

I feel that the VA knew they would not be together.

I got my hands on them and re-opened all of my earlier claims.

They low balled me beginning at 10% for 1992, but at least they

had to pay me back 16 years.

Write them a hand written letter.

Betty

i was very sneaky when it came to my medical and mental health records (and medical records for my dependent sons). shortly before being medically discharged (ie kicked out)....i went and signed out my medical & mental health records saying i had appts at civilian facilities....and wouldn't you know....somehow i just forgot to turn them back in.

no one ever asked for them.!!!!!!

for my 2 sons...same thing, just a few days before out-processing i checked out their records saying they had appts with a civilian provider and amazingly their records never made it back either. again, no one asked for them!!!

so i had all of my original medical and mental health records from the start...i think this helped my claim with it's speedy processing as well, the VA couldn't dispute anything i said!

I know you may be called an "EVIL DOER" by some but knowing what I know now I wish I'd did the same...I don't condone it but good for you.. LOl, Rich

Edited by yoggie2