VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea And Diabetes

Rate this question

scottC

Question

I put in for service connection for sleep apnea. I retired sept 30 2006. Was diagnosed sleep apnea january 2008. I am service connected for asthma and hypertension. I am going to a neurologist for an IMO. Any suggestions what i should tell him besides at least as likely than not?? I also put in a claim for DM.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Is the apnea noted at all in your SMRs?

Are there high glucose readings in your SMRs?

There could be a medical assocaition of the apnea to your HBP and/or your asthma-and it could be secondary to one or both of these conditions.

Unless the DMII is service connected (possibility there too) it cannot be claimed as secondary to the DMII yet.

Yesterday I looked under search to find my post "Getting an Independent Medical Opinion" and I could not find it here-at all- see the next post- maybe this time it will stay in the search feature.

but that is for the IMO doc to say-

Is the apnea noted at all in your SMRs?

Are there high glucose readings in your SMRs?

There could be a medical assocaition of the apnea to your HBP and/or your asthma-and it could be secondary to one or both of these conditions.

Unless the DMII is service connected (possibility there too) it cannot be claimed as secondary to the DMII yet.

Yesterday I looked under search to find my post "Getting an Independent Medical Opinion" and I could not find it here-at all- see the next post- maybe this time it will stay in the search feature.

I had Metabolic Syndrome X while in service. I have read several VBA appeals where it was granted both sleep apnea and diabetes DM due to aggravation from Metabolic Syndrome X. Any thoughts?

but that is for the IMO doc to say-