VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Conditions

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Good Morning to All! John and I went camping this last week. We talked to a Vietnam Vet. He has a lot of medical problems, as of now he is getting 100% because he has postrate cancer, put was told his % will be droping because postrate cancer is cureable. Ok he went to his VA Rep to appeal and his Rep also told him that they are now accepting heart conditions, ( with out having DMII) which he filed many years ago and was denied.

Has anyone heard or now about heart conditons being accepted for compensation? I have been looking and have not found out anything. The only thing I found is with DMII.

Thanks JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

With medical evidence of any inservice heart disease- the VA will service connect heart disease on a direct basis.

I dont know where the rep got the idea that VA is now 'accepting' heart disease claims.

Many vets and reps were misled by a story in the El Paso Newspaper some months ago-

a rep from TVC "embellished" a story as to AO and HBP-

of course HBP can lead to heart disease.

I did all I could to get the story corrected-

maybe this is what the rep is thinking about-the story said the VA was 'accepting' HBP AO claims.

The VA 'accepts' any type of claim at all-

there is nothing new as to heart disease in the regs.

NVLSP always has said that there could always be potential for heart disease to eventually get on the AO presumptive list- still- if and when that ever happens- every vet on the net will know it right away.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA will wait until most Vietnam vets are 95 years old before making heart disease presumptive for AO. They know what it will cost them for DMII and they won't make the same mistake twice.