VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%unemployable To 100%schedular Can This Be Done?

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

If I get Unemployable can I ask the VA to change it to PT 100% schedular? Can the VA Make it PT by asking? Good luck to all my veterans friends. Have a bless day :rolleyes::blink: :( :lol: :P :angry: <_< :o

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If I get Unemployable can I ask the VA to change it to PT 100% schedular? Can the VA Make it PT by asking? Good luck to all my veterans friends. Have a bless day :rolleyes::blink: :( :lol: :P :angry: <_< :o

Only if your disabilities have increased to the schedular level of 100%.

If you feel that your disabilities are now more severe than your current ratings reflect, file a claim for increase in your ratings.

But to go from 100% IU to 100% schedular on a whim, the answer is no.

• HadIt.com Elder

It also depends on what your TDIU is for a mental or physical condition. If it is for a mental condition what benefit do you gain from going from TDIU to 100% schedular? If the VA finds out you are working you will lose the 100% rating either way. If you are never going to work again then it does not matter except you might have an easier time getting some kind of SMC such as housebound. If you are going for SMC then you probably want 100% schedular.

• HadIt.com Elder

if you are TDIU for a mental rating then it can become a game of words, if you are TDIU they basically have to catch you working a W2 form, an investigator observing you working in a business etc now the schedular 100% rating is easier to take away in my opinion since mental ratings are subjective they ask you been fishing lately? Did you have fun, was it good and you reply yup great day caught 5 bass, 20 crappie etc, next thing you know is you are getting a letter propsoing a reduction to 50% or 70% on the basis that you are now better.

Now you have to go to a new C&P exam and convince the QTC doc you haven't gotten better, good luck on that one

TDIU to me is the safer rating they have to show that you are working to take it away they make TDIU awards Permanent and Total also usually about 1-2 years after the award you ask for P&T and they award it from what I have heard on the board but then in my case I was rated 50% PTSD I NOD the award and a year later they raised me to 100% P&T to try and shut me up, it hasn't worked lol.....

sometimes asking for stuff gets you more attention than you really want

• HadIt.com Elder

"sometimes asking for stuff gets you more attention than you really want"

:rolleyes:

if you are TDIU for a mental rating then it can become a game of words, if you are TDIU they basically have to catch you working a W2 form, an investigator observing you working in a business etc now the schedular 100% rating is easier to take away in my opinion since mental ratings are subjective they ask you been fishing lately? Did you have fun, was it good and you reply yup great day caught 5 bass, 20 crappie etc, next thing you know is you are getting a letter propsoing a reduction to 50% or 70% on the basis that you are now better.

I don't think the schecular 100% rating is any easier to take away than TDIU. The va still has to prove that either your medical condition got better or that you are working... And I know the va is not going to reevaluate you just becuase you went fishing.. this is just an absurd opinion.

Now you have to go to a new C&P exam and convince the QTC doc you haven't gotten better, good luck on that one

TDIU to me is the safer rating they have to show that you are working to take it away they make TDIU awards Permanent and Total also usually about 1-2 years after the award you ask for P&T and they award it from what I have heard on the board but then in my case I was rated 50% PTSD I NOD the award and a year later they raised me to 100% P&T to try and shut me up, it hasn't worked lol.....

A veteran does not always have a wait for T/ P , often times T/P is automatic with the award because it is thought the medical conditions will not improve....

sometimes asking for stuff gets you more attention than you really want

I hear this all the time, and it is my humble opinion that it just is not true... I have been rated T/P since 1999, and since then I have reopened my claim at least 15 times, ( and all with good results) the va has never gone back and looked at any issue that I did not ask them to look at. I know it can happen, but I think it is very remote....