VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Find Out If Your Doctor's A Quack!

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Professional & Medical License Verification Search

Find Out if Your Doctor's a Quack!

Find Out Right Now - FREE! in the Table below! Every State; Nurses Unions also.

Have complaints been filed against your Doctor?

Edited by allan

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Allan, great resource. I have to wonder if VA doctors are exempt from these lists. Also wonder if a "Quack" can change their name and start practicing again under the new name.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good question Joneszen.

My faith in this gov in general is "0". Wether it be our records, our health, our security or our rights.

When it comes to our protection from quacks, I see the VA being as good at it as the private sector.

I found out that VA docs are not required to be licensed in the state they are practicing in! So it makes it extremely difficult to track them if you don't know where they originally received their license from.

This is very disturbing.

• HadIt.com Elder

A good link to information.

BUT, it's like I had this conversation with my VA psych m.d. here a while back (I'd filed for TDIU and the RO had denied, stating that I "could, possibly, get better", which he squashed with a very good written re-buttal to the RO). I told him, jokingly, that if he COULD cure me of my MDD and Bi-polar, that I would see to it that the AMA received all the accolades from me that I could muster. At which time he told me that he didn't belong to the AMA, that he belonged to the UK equivalent. Seems he's licensed in the United Kingdom (I guess that means ALL of the UK....Canada, etc.). Anyway, he's from the India/Pakistan area.......but he grew up and was trained in the UK. A really good guy and he helped me out when he didn't actually have to.

Who knows? Never judge a book by it's cover.

• HadIt.com Elder

In using the various search services listed for my state--

Initially, A doctor used by the VA did not show up.

I found, via various other search engines, such as my insurance company, the doctors listed place of practice, and the state license number.

This information also showed where the doctor was trained. (Overseas) and what additional training was received in the US. The license number was then searchable within the state license records. It seems that the foreign spelling of the doctors name did not agree with the search by name functions of the state data base.

Professional & Medical License Verification Search

Find Out if Your Doctor's a Quack!

Find Out Right Now - FREE! in the Table below! Every State; Nurses Unions also.

Have complaints been filed against your Doctor?