VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call For Records

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

My husband got a call Friday from a lady with the adjucation and review dept. She wanted to know what date he saw a dr. at the VA..He's been going there for yrs. She wanted to know how to get his records. So, he told her to contact release of information to get his records. So, I guess he was turned down 2 times when they had no records, since they're just asking about them now. Anyway, does this mean anything...are we getting closer?

thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi,

My husband got a call Friday from a lady with the adjucation and review dept. She wanted to know what date he saw a dr. at the VA..He's been going there for yrs. She wanted to know how to get his records. So, he told her to contact release of information to get his records. So, I guess he was turned down 2 times when they had no records, since they're just asking about them now.

Anyway, does this mean anything...are we getting closer?

thanks,

sbrewer

This sounds a bit out of the ordinary as she certainly should know how to access a claimant's medical records that are already the property of VAMC.

I would not take this to mean you are closer to a decision.

Be sure you have ROI's signed and submitted to any place VA may need including SSA if it plays into anything.

jmho,

carlie

Well, today he receives a certified letter from SS. His hearing is scheduled for August 12. Now, he has had no physicals or anything from SS. The only contact was the lady wanting to know how to get his VA records. Is this normal? We have copies of his records and are going to take them with us. He also has a letter from his cardiologist saying that he is permanently disabled with his heart. He in 100%PTIU through the VA for mental. He worked at the VA and has the phych. letter from work when he retired on disability saying he is unfit for his job.

Is there anything else that we need to take with us?

Any help is greatly appeciated.

thanks,

sbrewer

Thanks, Carlie for your response.

Actually, I was called a couple of times. I would send all evidence to DDS (if thats who has your file).

If this is your first contact with SS office take everything with you. They would only accept 17 pages but when DDS got my file they called and I mailed everything to them.

Everything you do must go to London, Kentucky to be put in the computer (paperless system)