VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heat Stroke And Special Ops

Rate this question

FeWolf

Question

Greetings All,

I am having some trouble with Heat related injuries, I have 32 heat injuries, 5 heat strokes requiring MedVac, and was sent to 2 medical boards which I fought to stay in service, now that I am out, I have had several heat injuries and have to be very aware of my exposure to heat. I sent 3 years in the Jungles of Central and South America, and several months in the 1st Gulf War. I was wondering if anyone any succues with filing a clain, the VA denied me with even looking at my records!

I also have a bullet wound in my right shoulder, but because of Classified operations in South and Central America I recieved no Purple Heart.

I an Ambush I was knocked in the mouth, breaking my teeth, afterwards, I was MediVACed out because of a infection to my gum, tooth that closed my eyes, the Special Forces Medic was concerned that I would have a stroke, I have had 13 operations and proccedures on my mouth, when I was on active Duty the VA did my final surgery because Ft Bragg, NC dental clinic could not and the VA had UNC Dentist coming 2x week.

My records are lost, dentaland most of the treatments I recieved where by Special Forces Field Medics, so not paper trail.

I suffer from PTSD, and I am sent to every PTSD program the VA has to offer as a test patient.

But the VA diened any claim, I can not verify, because of Top Serect CLearance and mission, Freedom of Information gets me a Black inked records. I do not understand why they treat me for my illness but will not take my claim. My Miltary records in South and Central America are the day I arrived and the day I leave, and they do not even match, those 3 yrs are no awards or promotion, but the day I am back in country (USA), my 2 promotion show up, post dated.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you can track people through the SF associations. If you pursue it and just explain your situation the SF association people will route you to someone who knows it all. These guys must have had the same sorts of problems because I was looking for a guy who said he served three tours in Vietnam as SF and they said he was a fake. I went through many levels of insiders who were willing to talk to me. I was surprised but the SF people are jealous of their reputations and the retirees keep in touch with what is happening, and the can reach out to other people if they want to help. It was explained to me that even if they were SOG they could be traced informally through the SF buddy system.

as far as the CIB or Purple heart, no, no awards or decorations, even when I was getting out the Personnel Clerk said it was odd, then looked at my MOS and said "OH", that explains it but Jungle Expert, Air Assualt and Panamian Jungle School, all there is time I arrived in Panama and the time I left. I have been lucky enought to get some info by the State Dept on Operations in South America , no names or locations, just say US Army was very active in the area, and a Report written by the Joint Chief of Staff and certain actions.

and new reports:

fire fight, 2nd Report, link, but no mention of us, and a report by the Commander of the Marines in our Area, there is no mention of Army personal, I have caught a new people who posted to my re4quest on web pages, but what wait will they carry.

6 months after action, I was divorced, along with 9 of my 13 man squad, and went from job to job over the years, after 17 years, I remarried and 6 months into this one, it is rocky, my wife says she fears me, especialy in my sleep, as I talk about actions I was in.

Also 2 years ago, I got my Dads' Combat HALO wings from a jump into North Nam, 35 yrs after the fact. I went before a 21 person board from the VA to testify, There where several Special Ops people there, with very limited Benefits to none, so the part about opening your records to VA for C&P is not so.

I do have a copy of my TS/SBI/SCI Clearance and the interviews.

"The assistant secretary of defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (SO/LIC) is responsible for special operations policymaking and resource allocation.3 Special Forces have a separate program and budget, known as "Major Force Program 11 (MFP 11)," to fund ." from SOUTHCOM

Everytime I read this I laugh, being shot at is not Low-Intensity

I just picked ip the book " The Veteran's PTSD Handbook", by Jphn D. Roche, a former service member who went to work for the VA Claims section after he got out of service, so very good info on other related items, he wrote the The Veteran's Survival Guide, also, I just your check it out.

RCO-1541_d.jpg

I had a bright idea, I just spoke with the Dept of The Army Pay, they are going to send my LES copies to me, from the dates I am request, even thou I was not awarded any medals, it does show my "combat pay". which be some proof, thought I might share this with others how are having issues with area of operations.

• HadIt.com Elder

FeWolf

Were you in SF? You can find information and support from SF associations. They also were being someone else at a different place with few records, but these guys know how to find things out because they have to protect themselves. I would google this and start tracking people down. Just having records of getting combat pay won't prove a PTSD claim.