VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eye Exam Using Medicare Hmo

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I got tired of waiting to hear from VA about and eye exam and made an appointment with a Doc who helped me with an eye infection. I have very poor vision and the Doc said he was amazed I had not hurt myself as my prescription was really bad.

I am going to get my own glasses but still curious how long I will have to wait till I notice of an appointment which I will cancel and complain to someone about.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Be sure they check you for cataracts and other DMII related eyes diseases. As you probably know eye problems and DmII go together. I already have cataracts and I am going to a real eye doctor to get evaluated. The VA said I had the cataracts but pooh, poohed it as nothing serious. Right, just wait til I am blind and call them back.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a miracle when they checked my vision with my glasses it was horrible. Could not even make out the E on top right eye. When I got the prescription my eyesight had improved and was corrected to 20/20.

The VA really sucks. For 2 years I was probably wearing someone elses prescription.