VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Approved !

Rate this question

Joe Keller

Question

Hi All.........

First I'd like to say that if it were not for this site and reading the post to get prepared this probably would not have happened so quick or happened at all, this site is GREAT....I thank everyone here and everyone that responded to my post and all the other post... Now for the Good news....Received a call from SS this morning at 09:00 saying I was approved, They are back dating it to Mar 3 2008, thats when I became 100% thru the VA. There is a 5 month waiting period where you get NOTHING "0" Then the month you are entitled to it you get the following month on the last Wednesday of the month, so the first check will be Oct (for Sept) I filed for SS on 11 JUNE so that makes that 42 days for the Approval. When I first applied I had a copy of all my VA Medical records from Salisbury NC and all the paperwork form the Philly VA, Also all outside Doctors reports. They made copies at the SS office here in Philly. Today...I really feel GREAT !! and one last note...the person that called from SS was VERY NICE, polite and explained everything to me. So do not give up hope. B)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question