VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Privacy Act Documents

Rate this question

Guest DDWUSN

Question

Guest DDWUSN

The VA contacted me about 2 months after I originally submitted my claim. I had called 2x to ask questions about forwarding information, and if my claim was being processed as it was sent from one office to another. They told me they had my claim on the first week of July and it was being worked. The processor called me and asked me for the 21-526 about 2 weeks later. I explained I had submitted it with the records I turned in. He said he never recieved one and I began asking about other documents, like birth certificates, marriage license, request for IU and statement to claim as well as medical records and prescription list. He said he had none of that.

He recieved my copy of medical records I had turned in, CO Non-medical assessment from the PEB, the PEB results, and that was all. I asked him where the other records were and he had no idea. So I forwarded a copy of all missing documents, fax, and mail.

But now that I have settled down about rebuilding my claim it crossed my mind.

My checking account information was on the form, our SSN numbers were all over it, DOB's, address, phone numbers, and names. I sent an IRIS in asking where are my records.

Any suggestions??

The checking account is not a huge issue as I opened one with a few dollars in it specifically for that reason.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What method of submitting those claims did you use??? USPS?, In/person, RegisteredCertified? What Regional Office are u dealing with?? Need some more info..Thanks, William

The first question that comes to mind is why was your banking information on papers you sent in with your claim?

And second, did you send all of this together, certified mail? That is the only way to correspond with any VA office. Never, ever fax information! You have no idea if they ever get it. With certified mail this forces them to sign for it at their end, and you can track it on-line. (I'm not a fan of the new on-line submissions either...same reason.)

Did you keep a copy of everything you submitted? This is a must.

Tanker, they may very well be... However, i can understand the sense of urgency on his part with all that Info out there. The copy of a C-file may take awhile to receive, or even a request to view it. I am wondering how it was submitted.??

Nonetheless, I would re-submit, via in-person or Certified mail, so theres a tracking #...Even to the expense of UPS or some sort.. Peace, William

Guest DDWUSN

I turned the claim in person to a Military Service Coordinator who reviewed the forms for completion and accuracy.

The checking account information for direct deposit is requested on the form, that is why I set up a seperate account, with a couple of dollars, because I knew that account will be seen a lot.

I asked them to look at my file, 2x, and they did. There is no record of that information in the system.

I am assuming the first RO office that accepted, for some reason, did not send it along with my medical records, but that does not make any sense. It was all together in one file.

Yes, I had a copy of everything and had to resubmit, but I am still concerned about my family, and my information being lost in space.

Ya' know what I mean?

I was looking to see if anyone else had this happen, and what steps to take, if they are telling me no one has it.