VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

jstone1950

Question

While in vietnam (69-70), I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis and tension headaches. Subsquently, I caught hepititus A in Vietnam. Over another five year period while still on active duty, I was diagnosed on 3 other occasions with gastroenteritis and eventually remote depression. Since active duty in 1977, I've had many bouts of nausea and stomach problems. As recent as 2007 by a private gastro dr., I was diagnosed with evidence of corrosive gastroenteritis, GERD and acid reflux Grade II. Further, I was diagnosed last year by a VA psychologist with major depression. I made a claim for all the above issues in 1994 and was denied. 8 months ago i submitted a claim to reopen all these issues with new and material evidence (as stated above - private dr. and recent diag of depression); however, i haven't been scheduled for any C&Ps. Been told by VA that my claim has been in the rating board since Feb 18, 08. I was told this by the 800 # and IRIS. I'm also service connected at 0% for residuals of hepititus A. Does anybody have a take on any issues like this and/or my chances of this claim being reopened and approved or denied?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You might try itemizing and specifying exactly what information you want.

Example:

1. Specifically, what documents, if any, are still needed for my claim? Please provide precise answer.

2. Specifically, what group of claims are now being rated--month and year? Please provide precise answer.

Good luck,

Ron

Edited by Ron II