VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need A Link To

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Can anyone please post a link to download the CFR, I need to try to get info together for a claim. ThaNKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

THANKS RENTALGUY1,I thought I would be able to count on you for help, you are a blessing to me, God bless you and yours, and good luck working your NOD..

• HadIt.com Elder

Vietnam Tanker,

I just posted a topic about my free website for helping guide on research, organizing and assembling a claim. In step 3 of that website is a link to CFR Title 38 that might be of use to you. You might want to take a look. Good luck and thank you for serving.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

Can anyone please post a link to download the CFR, I need to try to get info together for a claim. ThaNKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm going to jump in here and mention my website. If you are getting ready to file a claim, take a moment to look at it. It might help you. Plus, you can access Title 38 via it. The site gives you guides for researching, organizing and assembling your claim/appeal.

It is free and is just meant to help veterans. Good luck and thank you for serving.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

I use 38 CFR more than 38 USC-

38 USC is the Law, CFR is the interpretation of those laws (Code of Federal Regulations), and M21-1 -which I cannot live without- is the handbook of the VA to properly interpret and apply those regulations.

Also-

another book a veteran's advocate should always have at hand-

The VBM ,published annually by National Veterans Legal Service Program,Washington DC and I heard from Rick Spaturo, attorney for NVLSP that the new edition just went to press-

is about 130 bucks for advocates,and the money goes to this Non profit vets org of lawyers, and they also offer for I think 80 bucks a year , the Veterans Advocate-

a tri monthly assessment of latest CAVC cases that all should be aware of.

From time to time I quote here from the VBM or give page number etc- I do not have permission to reprint much more than a few quotes at a time on the internet.

Theh again I have had vets use specific pages of the VBM and have done it myself to support certain types of claims.

I have purchased the VBM since 1991 and am appalled that sop ,many reps dont have it and even with their 50-60 thou a year salaries they are too poor to buy it. After donating copies of it to my POA over the years and finding they didnt even read it- I sure dont so that that anymore.

When my OGC matter is resolved I am going to stipulate that the state of NY either pay for or require in some way that their reps obtain the annual VBM.

Not saying it is absolutely nescessary at all for a claim to succeed but if it wasnt for the VBM I might have believed erroneous vet rep advise I got years ago.

M21-1 is at the VA web site

with the M21-1MR (the rewrite is updated when the regs change)

Edited by Berta