VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

R.o Constantly Loosing My Papers

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In May I changed my POA, mailed the correct form to the Huntington

DAV. I just found out now almost three months have passed and the R.O

lost the papers.

I faxed this Case worker another copy and here are his replies to my

claims.

Did he tell me anything or just being his usual smart ass self?

I have no ideal if the Certified Copy of my last 5 years of

employment from Social Security will be any benefit to my TDIU Claim.

I have not worked since 1983 and it seems that it is not my fault the

VA didn't secure my medical records to receive benefits years back.

Sure they paid me 16 years retro, but feel that I am on the short end

of the stick.

How can you keep proving a claim that is so darn many years old.

Here is his reply about my claims.

In reply to your last inquiry, we provide the following responses:

1) We have received and filed the VA Form 21-22, Appointment of Veterans Service Organization as Claimants Representative you recently submitted.

2) The expected time to complete your claims depends on many factors such as the timeliness of obtaining evidence, the current workload of our offices and mandatory periods of time required by law to allow not only the Government to gather evidence but yourself to submit evidence. We are trying to decide your claim as quickly as possible. We appreciate your help.

3) There is no reasonable need to explicate details of our policies, procedures, regulations, codes, methods and/or systems used in making decisions related to Dependency. However, we can say that due to the nature of Dependency claims, they may sometimes be completed without a Ratings Board Decision.

4) As for the Unemployability issue, you may submit a copy of your certified work history from the Social Security Administration if you feel this evidence will support your claim. As with any claim, you may submit any evidence in support.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph R. Beaudoin

Veterans Service Center Manager

JJ/315/2111/thu7987

How to Contact VA:

On line: www.va.gov

By phone: 1-800-827-1000

1-800-829-4833 (TDD hearing impaired)

By letter: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

640 Fourth Avenue

Huntington, WV 25701

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Betty, i would like to know that as well..As im currently NSC pension. I have read the regs where they say, i believe, that the rater is not to consider any NSC disabilites for pension purposes, when SC claims have been submitted, but i cant see how they cannot. Its baffling too me. I understand the financial reasons for NSC Pension, but if your unemployable and 100% disabled for NSC Pension purposes why doesnt it go across the board, automatically into SC Claims.????..Peace, Bill

Bill,

Do you by any chance know the regulations pertaining to this.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Thanks,

Betty

Betty, all i can tell u is ive read it,over and over...Rater is not to consider NSC Pension Diabilities when determining Sc Claims..I'll do my search and post for u. Okee doke, Bill

Betty, all i can tell u is ive read it,over and over...Rater is not to consider NSC Pension Diabilities when determining Sc Claims..I'll do my search and post for u. Okee doke, Bill

I'm interested in this answer also, since my previous NSC pension was based NSC issues at that time, since I did not have any proof that they were or had anything to do with a SC condition. I may now have the proof I need, but I may have to look at it more closely to make sure that a examining medical proffesional provides the necessary nexus of the NSC issues as being the same issues for which should have been or should be SC.

Keep looking and post ASAP please.

Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim ;)

I'm interested in this answer also, since my previous NSC pension was based NSC issues at that time, since I did not have any proof that they were or had anything to do with a SC condition. I may now have the proof I need, but I may have to look at it more closely to make sure that a examining medical proffesional provides the necessary nexus of the NSC issues as being the same issues for which should have been or should be SC.

Keep looking and post ASAP please.

Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim ;)

ill start first in the AM,Peace,Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, Bill,

I never had a chance to prove any illness to service, as the VA hid or

kept from me those all important " Military Psychiatric Records."

It was only after I located them hidden within the archives some

40 years later that I could prove I had been treated for the Chronic

Anxiety and Headaches and received the early discharge due to those

illnesses.

Sure the VA took those long lost records and re-opened my claims

and paid me retro, but they low balled me all the way.

They started me with 10% for 1992, but had already granted

the NSC with Employability back to 1983.

I don't see how they did that?

Thanks,

Betty

What ever it takes to get the VA bonus right. Keep the compensation down at your regional office, the lower the payout the bigger the VA bonus. At least that's the way it appears. I must say there are some good people with the VA and also some bad ones, just like all places. There is a factor that determines that difference?????It is not getting in touch with our inner self either, that's for sure.

Edited by danang_1969