VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

gp747

Question

i have claim at appeals management center. i i have been there two years this time on second remand . called and one time they said waiting on third signature , called second time said waitin on decision ,called third time said decision made waiting on authorization , would not tell me decision. asked if this meant if i had won my claim guy said not necessarily. said would recieve notice 4 to 5 weeks . any body been through this ? or know what is happening

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

skunk,

My claim has been in and out of the appeals center since it opened. Everytime i've called it's a different answer to the same question, even to the same person.

Consider yourself lucky to have "any" action taken on your claim in less than 6 months. One to two years turn around time for a remand, has been the norm for me.

Now on my 10th year on the remand circus from the BVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Appeals Management Center is a terrible place to be. Loosing papers and so dis-organized.

If I hadn't called and pestered the day lights out of all top officials, I would have never gotten out of there.

When I did get the telephone call, it was a denial. I rushed and secured an Independent Medical Opinion from a top Forsensic Psychiatrist in D. C. and the Judge at the BVA was gracious to

wait for his opinion and then he granted me service connection.

I am sorry, but I have nothing good to say about them.

You may have to start pestering the top officials to get out of there.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

You may have to start pestering the top officials to get out of there?

If you do, you can consider your claim denied and get ready for years added to your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder
hey i dare not pester anybody at this stage. however it might work for others.

Have you sent them an IRIS? Here (scroll down to "Ask a Question" and shoot them an email. It's always good to get something in writing. Save all correspondance! ~Wings

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...nduser/home.php

Have you sent them an IRIS? Here (scroll down to "Ask a Question" and shoot them an email. It's always good to get something in writing. Save all correspondance! ~Wings

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...nduser/home.php

the reason i dont trust iris is they want your social security number is it safe?