VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Iris Response, A Little Brash Maybe?

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

After several phone calls I made and letters that you sent, you now have all the information that you have asked for ...can you be honest with me and let me know where my claim is at I also know it's been only 4 months and am just curious.

Mr Fosk

Mr. Fosk:

We received your claim on 03/27/08. Right now, claims take approximately 9-12 months to process. Your claim is currently with our adjudication department, and we have had your claim for 4 months. This means that it will take between another 5-8 months before your claim is completed. You will receive written correspondence at your address when the claim is completed.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

After several phone calls I made and letters that you sent, you now have all the information that you have asked for ...can you be honest with me and let me know where my claim is at I also know it's been only 4 months and am just curious.

Mr Fosk

Mr. Fosk:

We received your claim on 03/27/08. Right now, claims take approximately 9-12 months to process. Your claim is currently with our adjudication department, and we have had your claim for 4 months. This means that it will take between another 5-8 months before your claim is completed. You will receive written correspondence at your address when the claim is completed.

Hey Mr. Fosk, I don't belive this is brash, but just a standard reply and fairly accurate. I have felt this way many times than ya get used to it and chill out. I'll be rootin for ya!!!, William

• HadIt.com Elder

You weren't brash. Just to the point. You may try being a little more polite (re.: butt-kissing) in the future...it seems to work. :P

I also agree with their answer, and what William stated; just be patient. These claims take a while with the current backlog. I would say that you are still with the pre-determination team right now. They are gathering all the evidence, and making sure everything is in place before it goes to a rater.

I understand ... maybe some butt kissing is in need, but, I was trying the squeeky wheel thang...lol. I just wanted to get it in under a year because in my claim I have a cue mixed in to a new claim. ... I didn't mix them they did. I was also hoping I didn't have to file an NOD before decision time.

Fosk

• HadIt.com Elder

Fosk,

Don't feel too bad. I did a nasty thing myself and it hasn't been two

weeks ago.

I may have done worse than you did.

One of the Case Workers from the R. O called me about my claim

and by the time we were in an argument over Title 38 and who

was right him or me. I slammed the telephone in his ear and told

him if the VA found me to be unemployable due to my service

connected disabilites and the VA refused to pay me because of

my husbands income, he would hear from a lawyer.

He kept talking about, why would I expect the VA to pay me with

the amount of money coming into my household.

I told him my husband could be a millionaire and it would not

effect compensation for me. He kept yacking and yacking

and then I did it.

Take Care,

Betty

I know I have asked similiar questions and have been told things when calling the 1-800 number only to be told something completely different come the next week when I called again. It is apparent to me, that the clerks that are answering the 1-800 number are Newbies, low man on the totem pole. They start out having a few classes on the regulations, etc. etc. and think they have learned it all.

In a claim where their are two seperate issues, both NSC and SC. The person answering the phone only takes what they see on the first screen that pops up about your file. In the case of dual issues, your NSC claim probably came up without any information on it about your concurrent SC issues and they began to speal off what the new about the Regs that governed NSC issues, not realizing that you were conversing about your SC issues they weren't aware of.

That is why when we discuss our claims over the phone or in person, we must maintain our composure and treat these people with kid gloves, making sure we are comparing oranges with oranges and not apples and oranges sort of speak.

I am guilty of lossing it on the phone as I am sure other have done, it is inevitable when you have to deal with people who care more about their pay check than they do about the people they are supposed to be helping. That is not to say that all VA employees are this way, but the impression is most certainly there.

If you feel comfortable that you can convey your inquiries in writing, Iris is the way to go, at least then you have something in writing and usually more thought goes into an answer when it has to be answered in writing, at least that is what I have found to be in most cases.

Like they say, a little sugar goes a long way, especially when you are dealing with the VA.

Rockhound Rider :P