VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ed As Secondary To Ptsd

Rate this question

calton

Question

I am at 50% PTSD and have been prescribed the little blue pills for about 10 years, so is there any way that the ED is secondary to PTSD.

Does anyone have a letter that was used to successfully support a claim of this sort?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

ED can most certainly be rated as secondary to PTSD, or any of the anxiety disorders. It can have many different causes, such as spinal cord injury or disease, traumatic injury, emotional distress, and DMII, among other things. You need to talk to your PCP about it, and if he feels that your PTSD is causing it (and he probably will), maybe he will sign a document for you stating that your ED is "at least as likely as not related to your service connected PTSD." If you can get that, then file for it and start receiving your SMC "K" award...about $90/month.

EDs and PTSD, I had another problem. I was on anti depressents for a long time. I got to the point I could not climax/ejaculte i went to Drs. I alked to shrinks. I went to urologists outside VA. Nothing no ansewers. I'm yakking with a fellow vet one day and he says I quit takeing anti D's I cant xxx when I take them!!!!

There are 245 claims at the BVA for 2008 alone that have this issue in them-

http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files1/0804209.txt

This is a reamdn and shows what the VA is looking for in a claim for direct SC for RD due to SC PTSD.

Most Ed due to PTSD claims I see involve ED as due to the side affects of PTSD meds, or other meds for SC conditiions and as another poster said, due to physical SC conditions.

If a doctor says you have ED due to the nature of anxiety from your PTSD the VA will SC the ED.

But check out the side affects of your PTSD meds to see if they could cause ED.That might be an easier way to SC the ED.