VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 Days Is Now The Controlled Response Period For A Claimant To Submit Information

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

In my opinion, the 30 days should not matter.

Remember, we want the VA to stop moving like mulasses and "timely" process claims. <_< <_< :P

I am reminded of what John Roche stated in his book about preparing a "well grounded claim" and to "collect your own evidence" to submit with your "well grounded claim".

Doing this should present no problem at all and the 30 days would not be an issue.

I welcome the shorter 30 day turn-around timeframe. :lol:

I guess I have to agree with this on the general claim were everything is already to go before we send it in but. On the claims that require IOM or buddy letters or whatever the vet should have the right to extend the time. I mean come on the VA has jerked us around for the last 40 years and now because we say that claims take to long they cut our time to participate in our claims! Makes me wonder which country did we fight for?

The best of both worlds I think would be give the vet the option to send in a request for extending tim if need be to gather his/her evidence.

This is why I so stress vets filing their own claims and making sure that ALL the medical evidence is there the first time....no partial claims with the presumed anticipation of filing more later. It can be done, it just takes a lot of work...but the hard work can pay off in the end.

It would seem to me that if the VARO can take up to 2yrs to finalize a claim, that the Vet should be able to turn in evidence at any time before the ruling is made.

Obviously what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Medical status can change in the blink on an eye, literally, and we should be able to give evidence up until the very end.

The 60 days was ludicrious, but this is just another way to keep the Veteran from getting the benefits that they have rightfully earned and deserve.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Don't know about anyone else but, as for me, I take 4 or 5 months to put a claim together, reading it over and over as my attention span gives out rather quickly, the 30 day rule will not bother me as I try to make sure it is altogether before I submit it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I spent about 4-5 months preparing my 11 claims. I turned them in and had it adjudicated in 10 months. From 20% to 90%. I didn't get everything that I put in for, but all the low-balls and denials were my fault, except for one. I did not make them airtight. It wasn't the VA being the big bad wolf.