VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

**********please Help*********************

Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

I am new to this please bare with me. I know I posted this message once, but I am trying to find some more help. I am currently service connected at 50% for a multiple of spinal conditions I will list below. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I am cuurently in for an increase, but have no idea if I will get one or not. My 50% is rated as 40% lower back mobility and 10% for neck mobility. I filed for an increase for everything below.

1.)Nerve damage in my lower back caused chronic radiating pain down through my right leg and foot; as a result, the muscles in these locations have deteriorated. Occasionally, I get the same pain in my left leg.

2.)Degenerative Disc Disease (Moderate to severe grade) has developed in both my cervical and lumbar levels of spine.

3.)Migraines that occur at least one every seven days due to the chronic pain and the difficulty to sleep. When I roll over at night, I experience intense radiating pain which contributes to the severity of the migraines.

4.)Spondylolisthesis/retrolisthesis (segmental instability) in my Lumbar and Cervical (Moderate to severe grade) spine has caused stiffness and pain, making it very difficult to move around.

5.)Scar from the microdiscectomy surgery approximately three inches in length and is sensitive to touch.

6.)Osteophytes and/or Bone-spurs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) causing stiffness, pain, and risks further damage to the spine.

7.)Scoliosis also causes stiffness and pain.

8.)Bulging discs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine contributes to the severe radiating pain.

9.)Spinal Stenosis in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) which contributes to the severe radiating pain, stiffness, and numbness, in the right leg and foot.

10.)Facet arthropathy (Moderate to severe grade) in my Cervical and Lumbar spine and is contributing to the severe pain in my neck and lower back.

Thanks,

SSGmajik

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am new to this please bare with me. I know I posted this message once, but I am trying to find some more help. I am currently service connected at 50% for a multiple of spinal conditions I will list below. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I am cuurently in for an increase, but have no idea if I will get one or not. My 50% is rated as 40% lower back mobility and 10% for neck mobility. I filed for an increase for everything below.

1.)Nerve damage in my lower back caused chronic radiating pain down through my right leg and foot; as a result, the muscles in these locations have deteriorated. Occasionally, I get the same pain in my left leg.

2.)Degenerative Disc Disease (Moderate to severe grade) has developed in both my cervical and lumbar levels of spine.

3.)Migraines that occur at least one every seven days due to the chronic pain and the difficulty to sleep. When I roll over at night, I experience intense radiating pain which contributes to the severity of the migraines.

4.)Spondylolisthesis/retrolisthesis (segmental instability) in my Lumbar and Cervical (Moderate to severe grade) spine has caused stiffness and pain, making it very difficult to move around.

5.)Scar from the microdiscectomy surgery approximately three inches in length and is sensitive to touch.

6.)Osteophytes and/or Bone-spurs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) causing stiffness, pain, and risks further damage to the spine.

7.)Scoliosis also causes stiffness and pain.

8.)Bulging discs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine contributes to the severe radiating pain.

9.)Spinal Stenosis in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) which contributes to the severe radiating pain, stiffness, and numbness, in the right leg and foot.

10.)Facet arthropathy (Moderate to severe grade) in my Cervical and Lumbar spine and is contributing to the severe pain in my neck and lower back.

Thanks,

SSGmajik

SSG,

The problem you have is that most of your problems are related to the degenerative disc disease.. and are not rated seperately with the exception of your siatiac nerve damage and foot problem.

If you do an on line serch the facet arthropathy, spinal stenois, osterphytes/bone spurs and spondyloiisthesis are all caued by the same injury that caused the degenerate disc disease... most ot these things are actually arthritis. If you could get rated seperately for all these things it would be like being rated two or three times for the same problem...

I learned this when I reserched my claims

Don't see you getting an increase... but that is up to the va not me

I don't see you getting an increase for these problems they are as the va says part and parcal of the degenerativne disc disease. But don't take my word for it let the va make the determination....

• HadIt.com Elder

your max may be 60 percent and it may get you IU.

The only thing you can do to get an increase is to have the required amount of incapicitating episodes or DR prscrinbed bed rest or time off of your feet.

It can be done, but without that, It will be a long shot.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I also want to state that the spine is rated in diferent segments. Cervical. Thoracic and lumbar are grouped together.

Do you have any radiculpathy from your neck, What disks are bad, Do you have any carpal or cubital tunnel?

10 percent is a base rating based on ROM. TO increase it would require radiculpathy and a Doctor to nexus it in for you.

I also see that your 100 percent. Is it Iu or sschedular and is it P and T?

J

Edited by jbasser

I do have radiculopathy down my right leg and both arms. The discs that have problems are C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7, T1-T2, T2-T3,T11-T12, L2-L3, L3-L4,L4-L5, and L5-S1. I've had 3 surgeries so far all on my lumbar (L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1) and I'm scheduled to have another surgery in Feburary. I do have medical documentation at the VA for radiculopathy down my right leg and both my arms.

I'm not 100%, I'm curently 50% just for mobiliy because I did not know what to file with the VA when I was medically discharged.

I appreciate the help!

SSGmajik

• HadIt.com Elder

File for the RAdiculpathy at the neck. both arms. Get an opinion and all records asap.It helps to have a NCS and EMG to go along with the claim.

J