VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

**********please Help*********************

Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

I am new to this please bare with me. I know I posted this message once, but I am trying to find some more help. I am currently service connected at 50% for a multiple of spinal conditions I will list below. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I am cuurently in for an increase, but have no idea if I will get one or not. My 50% is rated as 40% lower back mobility and 10% for neck mobility. I filed for an increase for everything below.

1.)Nerve damage in my lower back caused chronic radiating pain down through my right leg and foot; as a result, the muscles in these locations have deteriorated. Occasionally, I get the same pain in my left leg.

2.)Degenerative Disc Disease (Moderate to severe grade) has developed in both my cervical and lumbar levels of spine.

3.)Migraines that occur at least one every seven days due to the chronic pain and the difficulty to sleep. When I roll over at night, I experience intense radiating pain which contributes to the severity of the migraines.

4.)Spondylolisthesis/retrolisthesis (segmental instability) in my Lumbar and Cervical (Moderate to severe grade) spine has caused stiffness and pain, making it very difficult to move around.

5.)Scar from the microdiscectomy surgery approximately three inches in length and is sensitive to touch.

6.)Osteophytes and/or Bone-spurs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) causing stiffness, pain, and risks further damage to the spine.

7.)Scoliosis also causes stiffness and pain.

8.)Bulging discs in my Cervical and Lumbar spine contributes to the severe radiating pain.

9.)Spinal Stenosis in my Cervical and Lumbar spine (Moderate to severe grade) which contributes to the severe radiating pain, stiffness, and numbness, in the right leg and foot.

10.)Facet arthropathy (Moderate to severe grade) in my Cervical and Lumbar spine and is contributing to the severe pain in my neck and lower back.

Thanks,

SSGmajik

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would like to say that I was simply trying to point out that there IS such a monkey as a possiblity of a claim for good old disorder/disease #9422. I was in NO WAY suggesting that ANYONE file a claim for something that does not exist, or file a claim for something that THEY do not "have". I merely said "if you have X, then you should file a claim for X, because X is a really, honest-to-gosh, disease" just in case you didn't KNOW that there was/is such a monkey.

I'm NOT an expert......but, Chronic PAIN Syndrome just COULD be PART of my 80%.

Now, I do NOT need this kinda stress, getting private e-mails, being accused of giving, I believe it was called "idiotic" advice, all because I made an attempt to simply point out something.

I have problems enough, without having problems on this silly computer.

Please, EVERYONE, just ignore ANY thing that I have EVER said, 'CAUSE I AIN'T NO "EXPERT".

But, you must admit, I never overcharged for my opinions! B)

And I would AGAIN like to point out that to file for a pain disorder without a diagnosis is simply not going to go anywhere.

You suggested to a vet that they should file for "X" or they would be missing out... where is ANY diagnosis of this pain disorder. This is just digging for gold... and its going to do nothing but get a denial, and in the process get other claims further backlogged. Now if you had advised the guy to see his doctor and maybe get a diagnosis, well you post would have made much more sense. As it was... it didnt. Period.

Pain is a symptom larry PERIOD... sure there is such a thing as a pain disorder but it has a root cause... not just pain. So you tell a vet to file a claim because they have pain... and the raters are going to laugh and deny.

I read the ENTIRE post several times before I typed the first WORD.

Here are the facts... you dont get a rating without a diagnosis. Am I speaking a foreign language... oh wait, you said

No, you do NOT have to have a diagnosis before filing a claim.

I did not have a diagnosis before filing my FIRST claim. I KNEW what was wrong with me, I filed a claim, I went to a C&P, I got a diagnosis from the C&P examiner, I got rated, I got a check.

BINGO

huh so you are assuming this guys C&P doc will do the same.... you KNOW better than that man. you know you do.

So if you tell vets out of hand "hey you should file fopr this" without having a CLUE what the guy has and not asking the FIRST question thats good advise? No its incredibly poor advise.

jbasser, did you even read where I asked the vet real questions that might actually get some FACTS involved before we say he should do this or that... doesnt that make a little more sense than just saying file for this? I read the post and there wasnt enough information to give the guy proper guidance then or now until he answers some of those questions. period.

I will step on shotgunning whenever I see it. Perhaps I could have taken a milder tone... perhaps.

Edited by sixthscents

SSGmajik, as I see you are online...please read my questions and respond.

By the way... after 7 years of dealing with back claims... yeah I am an expert. Period. If you have any doubts just call the last 2 guys whos claims i prepared who got 100% rating on their FIRST application... Id be happy to give you their phone numbers, I already have their permission to do so in fact. Yeah Im an expert... however I was incorrect in calling larryj's post idiotic.. I apologize for that larry, this is just one of my very hot button issues.

So to be clear I apologize to larryj for calling his post idiotic, next time I will simply say ill advised when i mean idiotic or somesuch.

Edited by sixthscents

I would like to say that I was simply trying to point out that there IS such a monkey as a possiblity of a claim for good old disorder/disease #9422. I was in NO WAY suggesting that ANYONE file a claim for something that does not exist, or file a claim for something that THEY do not "have". I merely said "if you have X, then you should file a claim for X, because X is a really, honest-to-gosh, disease" just in case you didn't KNOW that there was/is such a monkey.

I'm NOT an expert......but, Chronic PAIN Syndrome just COULD be PART of my 80%.

Now, I do NOT need this kinda stress, getting private e-mails, being accused of giving, I believe it was called "idiotic" advice, all because I made an attempt to simply point out something.

I have problems enough, without having problems on this silly computer.

Please, EVERYONE, just ignore ANY thing that I have EVER said, 'CAUSE I AIN'T NO "EXPERT".

But, you must admit, I never overcharged for my opinions! B)

Larry just as you said, you gave your opinion and you did not charge for the opinion. It seems a few people on hadit have the idea that only certain people have the priviledge in give their opinions of truth as they see it and certain matters are excluded without prior approval from them. I don't remember reading any rules about any member not being able to give his/her an opinion or what they think is someone else's opinion, including opinions what they believe the creator of the universe's opinion to be and that opinion being echoed. One thing for sure, if anyone gives good advice or bad advice, the reader has the choice or taking the advice it or leaving it. He/she even has the choice also posting or saying in his opinion it is bad advice or good advice Amen, but to exclude ones advice about any subject is narrow minded and unfair. Maybe we should put a advice disclaimer at the bottom of our profile for our signature.

This opinion was prepared as a service to the Hadit.com and it's members. Neither any member or the owner of Hadit, nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this opinion. The opinions of the authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of other members of Hadit.com and shall not be used for any purposes other than what the reader chooses to use it for.

Edited by danang_1969

First, thank you to all for the advice you have given.

To some of the questions that were asked.......

1) I was medically discharged in 2005 and currently 50% SC

2) I've had 1 MRI on my neck and 3 MRI's on my Lower back showing all the conditions I listed in an earlier post.

3) I have medical evidence in my Military records showing spinal injury and treatments and I was on convalescent leave several times adding up to about 9 months. I also had my first surgery while I was still in (2004).

4) I do have mood swings and I never even thought of filing it!

I think that was all the questions. I appreciate the help, thanks again.

SSGmajik

Ok... what kind of spinal injury do the military records show... lumbar,cervical - what id I may ask.

Further have you had a myleogram?

Further please state exactly what limbs you have had EMG/NCS done upon. I know you have the legs, but I wasnt clear on the cervical.

Further when did you file your initial claim, just prior to discharge? Were you retired or medically seperated.... again you may have already said this but I didnt catch it.

Have you seen a psychitrist in the VA or military?

Thanks... PM me for my phone number and this would go a bit faster if youd like.

Bob Smith