VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision And Codesheet Missing From Copy Of C-file

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

Does the VA ever separate the Decision and codesheet from the C-file? If so, how long does it take them to file them back in the C-file?

After I got the new Decision that required 3 signatures due to the retro I waited about six weeks and then requested a copy of my C-file so I would have a full and final copy of everything in my C-file. However, my copy is missing the most recent Decision, codesheet, and there’s no internal memos or 3 signature sheet.

My new vet rep said since I won my claim that he didn't have time to go up and physcially look in my C-file to see if the Decision and Codesheet ever made it to my C-file and told me it didn't matter anyway since the VA is trying to go paperless and they can access the Decision and Codesheet online. I sure miss the last guy, he was a lot easier to work with.

Would the Decision and codesheet have been pulled from my C-file for the 3 signatures and could it just not be filed back in my C-file yet or is there some other explanation as to why a copy of my C-file wouldn’t include the most recent Decision and codesheet?

What is the best way for me to approach this? Other than the most recent Decision and codesheet, to the best of my knowledge, this second copy of my C-file is complete.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I requested a copy of my C-file 6 weeks after my final Decision and it was missing the latest Decision and Codesheet.

Should I be concerned that my C-file is incomplete or assume that the Decision and Codesheet had just not been filed in my C-file by the time I requested a copy?

My vet rep refused to go look because my case was closed favorably.

Those of you with insight into the inner workings of the VA C-file filing system, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

TS Snave