VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do C&p Docs See Last Docs Notes?

Rate this question

Guest DDWUSN

Question

Guest DDWUSN

I am curious about C&P results from 1 exam to the next. If I had one today, and I have another scheduled for next week, will the doctor I see next week already see the notes from the doctor today?

Just curious if I am going to have to cover the same information, or are they actually going to read it and discuss other information?

Thanks for your input.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They can see them and all of your record, if they care enough to look at them and the report is back by then.

My last C&P, the quack didn't bother to read my record and it was easily noticealbe in her remarks.

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P examiner next week will see this week's C&P examiner's report, IF this week's C&P examiner has completed the medical records concerning this week's exam, and IF next week's examiner reads your medical records.

Of course all C&P examiners are supposed to have seen (and read) your SMR's and your other medical records and all that other stuff that we all know good and well that they DO NOT have time to read..............

So, to answer your question.......no

Guest Vietnam Tanker

It is totally dependent on the Doc. some read, some do not, usually it will be available to them in the VA computer system. Good luck with the next one.

They should if the notes have been completed for they are supposed to review the file prior to the exam. Notice I said supposed to!

I don't think it matters in Birmingham VAMC. All of my last exams were in code. In the old days (2 years ago) there was a nice narrative by the doc. Now all of them have been bullet entries with no narrative any where. It is like they have this pre-printed thing that has 200 bullets that don't even pertain to the reason for your exam and 3 bullets that pertain. The problem is that the damn doc leaves the pre-entered bullet responses. Such as if you are there for some secondary issues to a brain injury and he does not do a neuro work up then the form indicates that your neuro was NORMAL or NO REPORTED COMPLAINTS. The VARO then uses this to their advantage. Instead of just looking at your current issue, lets say gait, they will try to reduce your rating for the brain injury cause during an official C&P exam your neuro work up was NORMAL or NO REPORTED COMPLAINTS BY VETERAN eventhough the doc never even asked you a question about your brain injury or checked any neuro functions outside of your gait. Already had this happen on a couple of claims I helped with. When they came back and notified the veteran of their intentions to decrease the rating based upon the exam we responded that no such examination was conducted. Their reply was yes it was and the doc indicated that the neuro functions was normal except for the gait issue therefore, the rating would be reduced and the gait issue was not service connected because the neuro function exam indicated neuro functions was normal. Guess who won? Now if this ain't a crock of do-do I don't know what is.

This is the same as when you go see your gen practice doc. If you go in for a cold, during triage all of the pre-printed entries are not touched - you know heart normal, pain level 0, hearing normal, etc..... Now you know what this will do to a veteran if the RO gets their little hands on such records and the veteran is service connected for hearing and cardiac issue etc........I spoke with my doc and asked why when I come in for a problem with my stroke and a neuor exam is done then why not leave that information in those little blanks. He said the system will not allow it. So now when I go in for a broken finger nail (not really) I make sure the triage visit is longer than the visit with the doc. The nurse gets mad but I make sure she listes, my pain level and all of the residuals of my stroke each time!!!! Sorry for the rant and do want to steal the post but all of this kinda refers to the OP's question - medical records and review. MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR RECORDS ARE CORRECT - YOU MAY HAVE TO FORCE THEM TO ENTER THE INFO EACH TIME BUT DO IT FOR IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER IF THE NEXT C&P DOC SEES THE LAST EXAM BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR BUTT SOMEONE AT THE RO WILL SEE IT!

I had my C&P exams in April and i was not on any meds then. I was wondering,, if the rating people at the VA recognize that now am taking pills for depression, sleeping pills, and muscle relaxers when rating my claim.

thanks