VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do C&p Docs See Last Docs Notes?

Rate this question

Guest DDWUSN

Question

Guest DDWUSN

I am curious about C&P results from 1 exam to the next. If I had one today, and I have another scheduled for next week, will the doctor I see next week already see the notes from the doctor today?

Just curious if I am going to have to cover the same information, or are they actually going to read it and discuss other information?

Thanks for your input.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

To answer your question, your files are computerized and stored by date. The C and P docs can look at them at any time after he receives notice of exam.

Mnay times they know what you are going to get before you walk in the room. I had a BP exam and the Examiner did his homework. It was done before I went in. Sc for HTN and heart disease.

J

To answer your question, your files are computerized and stored by date. The C and P docs can look at them at any time after he receives notice of exam.

Mnay times they know what you are going to get before you walk in the room. I had a BP exam and the Examiner did his homework. It was done before I went in. Sc for HTN and heart disease.

J

I was just wondering if the rating bored sees the pills the va put me on after the C&P exam and if they take that in consideration when rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

(I was just wondering if the rating bored sees the pills the va put me on after the C&P exam and if they take that in consideration when rating. )

Don't expect them to do this on their own.

You must point it out and explain how the meds effect your daily living and ask them to make a comment about it.

If not, it's not likely the rater will pick it up when they barely skim through the pages.

Edited by allan

Allan is right as are the others. Get copies of your records from the medical records dept...fax and send what you want to make sure the raters have the info. You could also get your VSO to hand deliver after you send them/fax to them also. Make sure thr VARO has anything/everything to determine your claim...be prepared to appeal down the road too. :P

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a c&p doctor say that he did not care what the record said because he was going to make his own judgement which was wrong, of course.

This is a gathering of evidence by the rater to decide your case on. The rater can not decide in your favor or against you with out good evidence. Make sure the rater sees all evidence in your favor. Ask the examiner if they have read your c-file. Get copy of C&P exam and make sure your evidence is in there and going to be seen by the rater. If the evidence is not strong get an IMO. These test, opinions may carry the day. I had two C&P's and neither of the examiners were aware that I had an ENG that proved my case. When I told them that, they added it to the record. I won. Take copies of your evidence to the C&P. Be proactive. You are allowed to talk. What you say becomes evidence in your case. (be careful). :o The VA is and has been good to me. Yes, they make errors and blunders but most try to do right by veterans. I hate to say it but I would advise anyone to just get a IMO that proves their case. Then go to the VA doctors. It could be that the VA doctors are under pressure to give low medical ratings. I think they are suppose to look at all your medical records. Do they, probably not. ;) Make sure the rater sees you evidence. There is about 5 days- 2 weeks between the C&P and the raters desk. If your evidence is not in the C&P, file a statement in support of claim ASAP. Have your Vet rep hand deliver to your rater. Short & Sweet. Test that prove you claim, statements " I can't drive because of my medication" which is XYZ. A C&P is not Medical. It is Legal. If you have good evidence (and they see it) you will win. :P Good luck and thank you for your service.