VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had To Reschedule Dro Hearing... Any Timeline For How Long It Will Take?

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I received my DRo hearing appointment letter and unfortunately it is during the two weeks this summer that I will be on the other side of the country. I called and dropped of a written statement asking VA to defer the hearing as I will be out of town for a wedding and made sure to state that I will gladly appear at any time before or after the dates f my trip. Calls to the 800 number verify that they have noted this.

My question is; am I gonna have to wait ANOTHER 90 days or more for the rescheduled hearing? I know there is no hard and fast on this, but has anyone else had to reschedule a DRO hearing? The hearing is to appeal a 10% knee ruling and a denial of SC for my IVDS/DDD (back). All evidence is in (even that waste of $1500.00 report from Dr. Bash) so it is strictly a matter of rescheduling....... or it should be.........

Thanks all!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't make it, then you can't make it, and it really doesn't matter then what time frame they put on it, does it?

I mean, this IS the VA we're talking about, right?

You DO know how twisty they can get when you don't show, and you cannot depend on ANY one "getting the word" that you needed to reschedule, si'?

I guess I'm being a smartass, and if so, I apologize....it's just that I've been a YEAR getting my DRO hearing.

And, besides, I try to MISS all weddings possible (probably because I'm batting 50% on these wedding deals)! There's ONE of them that I wish I had attended a DRO hearing instead...)!

:P

• HadIt.com Elder
If you can't make it, then you can't make it, and it really doesn't matter then what time frame they put on it, does it?

I mean, this IS the VA we're talking about, right?

You DO know how twisty they can get when you don't show, and you cannot depend on ANY one "getting the word" that you needed to reschedule, si'?

I guess I'm being a smartass, and if so, I apologize....it's just that I've been a YEAR getting my DRO hearing.

And, besides, I try to MISS all weddings possible (probably because I'm batting 50% on these wedding deals)! There's ONE of them that I wish I had attended a DRO hearing instead...)!

:P

Oh yeah, one other thing:

Fer gosh sakes DO NOT tell them that you have to reschedule due to the fact that you're gonna be "on vacation"! Make it sound like you'd love to be there for the DRO hearing, but, unfortunately you have that date already booked for your heart donor surgery.