VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams

Rate this question

william n

Question

Hey Folks, During my C&P exam the PA who did my exam did not have access to the computer, being that it was "down" at the time. I doubt that he reviewed my service records as i personally had to point/find dates,notes, in my SMR for him. Additionally,in part on my Hep C exam, he stated i have had childhood tatoos...Hate too knitpick but do i have true recourse if i need too??? Thanks, William

Edited by william n

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hey Folks, During my C&P exam the PA who did my exam did not have access to the computer, being that it was "down" at the time.

Many times examiner's write everything by hand and enter it into the computer at the middle or end of the day.

I doubt that he reviewed my service records as i personally had to point/find dates,notes, in my SMR for him.

Is this your very first ever C&P?

Is this your first C&P for the disabilities in your current claim?

Do the C&P exam results state SMR's were available and reviewed ?

FYI - SMR's do not have to be available or reviewed for ALL C&P's, there

a regs to be met for this.

Additionally,in part on my Hep C exam, he stated i have had childhood tatoos...Hate too knitpick but do i have true recourse if i need too??? Thanks, William

Do you now or have you ever had any tattoos?

carlie

Carile, I did reply to your questions,TY. Please also read BVA Decision.. Docket # 05-05-278, Citation # 0531165, Dated 11/18/05, let me know what ya think...Peace

Edited by william n

Bill,

That BVA decision is not EXACTLY IDENTICAL to your claim and sets no precedent.

There is more likely than not information in it that you can use for your arguments with VA.

carlie

Bill,

That BVA decision is not EXACTLY IDENTICAL to your claim and sets no precedent.

There is more likely than not information in it that you can use for your arguments with VA.

carlie

Carlie, the only part in that decision that is not identical, is the fact he does have tatoos. I realize this is not a precedent, but cant really hurt and if needed i will use it in any future arguments. I used this BVA Decision in my claim submission as well as a few others, as well as both lay and medical evidence, to incude my innoculation records and a statement from me that there were guys in front of me, during innoculations, with blood running down there arms.

As a footnote, they awarded me 40% for Hep C in my NSC Pension claim, which may or not be a factor for the rater. Thanks, Bill