Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Clear Unmistable Error Cfr 3.105a

Mcafee
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

Hello all hope all is well. I am having a difficult time as to how to broach this claim. Do I file it with VARO or do I file it with BVA.This is an unappealed decision made by BVA back in 1980 for service connection and compensable.In other words BVA denied this when I filed for an increase or service conection and I never followed up or pursued it any further.Now the Question I have is, Knee surgery while in the military spent 50 days in the hospital and yet when I was discharged never received any compensation for this until 1982 is my award letter for 10% for musculolskelatel condition according to this award letter.However while in the service both knees were check for this injury and both knees went through rehab only one had surgery reason (Osteochondral fracture with dislocation to the patella) it took most of the fall during combat exercise at night.And in SMR this is well documented from Physical theraspist and Physician and yet VARO never honored the service connected injuries or condition? (VARO called it post operative residuals?)I do know of the USC Title 10 code for no soldier shall be discharged without a Compensation and pension in place or offered prior to discharge from Active Duty.But that pertains to the US ARMY LAW not VA LAW. Sorry for the long post and Thank You for Your help God Bless

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mcafee,

Rating Decision dated XXX

Denail stated _________________________what?

Legal error made is ________________________what?

carlie

McAffee -

1) Do you know when the USC Title 10 code law took effect? I certainly wasn't offered any exam when I got out of service 30 years ago and I was seeing a shrink on post weekly.

2) Can you post a link to it?

"I do know of the USC Title 10 code for no soldier shall be discharged without a Compensation and pension in place or offered prior to discharge from Active Duty."

Sorry I only have a question about your post and nothing to offer. Carlie and the others will be of great assistance, I'm sure.

Thanks,

TS Snave

Thank You Carlie Lady GOD Love You ! this is correct link however this only pertains to US Army Law or Military LAW not VA LAW.I need to find VA LAW so The definetion is clear as for time date and place for what was not consider during the initial process for claim and service connection compensation and pension. Which i believe is CFR 3.105a inthe line of duty and others for CUE claim.VARO and BVA did not consider or apply Active Duty Hospitalization surgery all the diagnostic codes such as Scar 8 inches long along the knee,and so forth.I also was rated finally in 1982 for postoperative residuals10% what the heck is that all about?so this is what i do not understand that the VA and BVA made a decision in 1980 denying service connection for these conditions along with others that are in SMR.I have no Idea as to proceed?Other than attaching all the necessary codes for this.and file for service connection. Complicated to say the least. Thank you all.

You would file the CUE to the BVA since they made the decision.

First you must pull the regulations that were in effect when the decision was made.

Then you must develop the CUE to justify your point as to what event was considered cue and it must show where the decision was flawed.

It has to be a situation where reasonable minds would not differ in opinion.

J

J Basser (First you must pull the regulations that were in effect when the decision was made.

Then you must develop the CUE to justify your point as to what event was considered cue and it must show where the decision was flawed.)Thank You This is what I have been researching and can not find that specific Regulation for the indifference of not including all necessary SMR information.They also did not include Mental Health Evaluation for which during Hospitalization I had a break down and said I wanted out and the mental health physician concurred immediate seperation upon returning to unit.One of the reasons for seperation is Not conforming to Military Standards for retention,which is also in SMR but was never addressed upon initial claim for service connection conditions. I am stumped . I may not know the Regulations of the time but what i do know is this whole mess of a system only makes a bad situation worse when in fact all necessary information is written down and interpretation is clear as to what is presented now the difficult problem is attaching these regulations to them. Correct?Like a Dictionary? I would not know where to even look for these regulations of that time period 1978. Thank You

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>