VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I just got an Iris that confirmed my AO claim went to the DRO yesterday

what is important is that I always print out both the Response from VA and the question I asked-which they include with the response-

one never knows when these Iris responses might be important-

an Iris complaint I filed last year seems to be in the BVA file they have on my remand-

it again reiterated the same statements I made to BVA in 2006 as to my rights and that I wanted an immediate remand.

I strongly suggest that you all always ask for snail mail or email IRIS responses.

There is no hard copy in phone call response.

they gave an August 2008 response date to the RO-

The original DRO on this claim is not permitted by VA case law to make another decision on my AO claim.

I will only know who the DRO is when I get the next response from VA on that claim- and can tell by the initials who prepares it.

If my medical evidence again remains unacknowledged I will file an Administrative Review at VACO.

I found my old Admionistrative review request the other day (1997) and realised how instrumental it actually was in getting what I wanted the VA to d0.

I will never forget when a VACO attorney called me up and told me he had never handled an administrative review before from a claimant -it was highly unusual-

I mentioned the regs do NOT preclude a claimant from filing one.

He asked the purpose I had-what exactly did I want the review to accomplich and I simply said -it is to access someone in the Veterans Administration who knows how to read.

Well he bust out laughing and so did I and we had a long talk- this attorney became a regional counsel sometime after that-and I talked to him again a few times for a vet in an unusual situation-

The Administration Review did help to get me what I wanted.

AR requests-Not for the faint of heart- lots of legalize-

someday I will post it here if I think it could help anyone-

alot of stuff I have done with VA I dont recommend others to do-

and have had many first of a kind situations I raised with them-

I like to test the regs-

and I think the regs are almost perfect-and they are our means to success as well as the VAs way to deny.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Berta,

Please keep us posted on this.

I have never heard of an Administrative Review but anything that can help with a claim is good info to know about.

Thanks,

TS Snave

I just got an Iris that confirmed my AO claim went to the DRO yesterday

what is important is that I always print out both the Response from VA and the question I asked-which they include with the response-

one never knows when these Iris responses might be important-

an Iris complaint I filed last year seems to be in the BVA file they have on my remand-

it again reiterated the same statements I made to BVA in 2006 as to my rights and that I wanted an immediate remand.

I strongly suggest that you all always ask for snail mail or email IRIS responses.

There is no hard copy in phone call response.

they gave an August 2008 response date to the RO-

The original DRO on this claim is not permitted by VA case law to make another decision on my AO claim.

I will only know who the DRO is when I get the next response from VA on that claim- and can tell by the initials who prepares it.

If my medical evidence again remains unacknowledged I will file an Administrative Review at VACO.

I found my old Admionistrative review request the other day (1997) and realised how instrumental it actually was in getting what I wanted the VA to d0.

I will never forget when a VACO attorney called me up and told me he had never handled an administrative review before from a claimant -it was highly unusual-

I mentioned the regs do NOT preclude a claimant from filing one.

He asked the purpose I had-what exactly did I want the review to accomplich and I simply said -it is to access someone in the Veterans Administration who knows how to read.

Well he bust out laughing and so did I and we had a long talk- this attorney became a regional counsel sometime after that-and I talked to him again a few times for a vet in an unusual situation-

The Administration Review did help to get me what I wanted.

AR requests-Not for the faint of heart- lots of legalize-

someday I will post it here if I think it could help anyone-

alot of stuff I have done with VA I dont recommend others to do-

and have had many first of a kind situations I raised with them-

I like to test the regs-

and I think the regs are almost perfect-and they are our means to success as well as the VAs way to deny.

Hello Berta,

I worked in the Budget Management Office (BMO) while I was in part of my service. One thing that I learned is that the Gov'tis not anywhere near perfect. For every Reg the is a loophole. You just have to find it!

I was the person that posted the AR's and I always read them before I put them in the notebooks.

Take me back to 1977.

Thanks again for your responses on my post. Let me know if I can help. I have nothing but time.

The only iris I get to work are the one's in my eyes. You know the colored portion that controls the light levels inside the eye. The color and patterns of these are as unique as one's fingerprints.

Oh you mean the VA IRIS...non functional...at least 3 months behind with little info received if response at all. I have a better chance of predicting rain, then getting any decent response from them or any date validated information. I too save info sent/received from them but little received.

I'm still going with the fortune teller's prediction. :rolleyes: (joke)

Berta - AR's do accomplish a lot. At the board and court level where you are dealing with attorneys it is always good to push the envelope. Most of the time at the RO you are dealing with a dummy who believes he or she is much smarter than the veteran is and will do anything and I mean anything to prove that point. Violation of the law at the RO level is rampant for there is no accountability. At the board and court level there is at least a level of pride and professionalism amongest the attorneys. If you do post the AR which provided you success I think it would be good for even if one does not use it successful avenues are always good for a veteran to read and study. It could give a veteran a new ideal on how to approach their claim even if it is not through an AR.

You point of putting all in black and white is the most important thing for a veteran to remember and do. None of my important actions that I took on my claims was done by any other means. Even though I can not type long documents or letters due to the loss of function in my left hand my daughter and wife put my words to pen and paper for me. I would suggest to veterans to not accept these silly answers from the VA via IRIS or paper. Those that answer indepth questions about your claim in which they respond with your claim is at the rating board, or your claim is being processed. Every time I received such a response, I would send another inquiry thanking them for their response and their time then begin with "however you failed to understand and properly respond to my inquiry. As you can see from the inquiry below I asked A, B, B and D. Therefore, I once again ask that you provide an appropriate answer to these questions as you inadequate and canned response is not only a waste of my time but the valuable time of the VA. Once again I thank you for you time and assistance to the disabled veteran community." Normally the next response was a full answer to my question.

You do not have to be nasty (most of the time) but you must demand that they reconize and properly respond to your questions. Do not let them off the hook. And as you have provided always, and I mean always print your responses. I have one folder titled IRIS responses and one titled Snail responses. I keep a copy of all responses to my inquires in the appropriate folder along with a copy in the claim folder for that particular claim/issue.

Sorry for ranting in the middle of your post but you simply brought out some very good points. I hope this new DRO process goes quickly for you. You always do but don't forget to give us the day to day plays as your claim unfolds - this is always very useful to veterans working on their claims.

Berta - AR's do accomplish a lot. At the board and court level where you are dealing with attorneys it is always good to push the envelope. Most of the time at the RO you are dealing with a dummy who believes he or she is much smarter than the veteran is and will do anything and I mean anything to prove that point. Violation of the law at the RO level is rampant for there is no accountability. At the board and court level there is at least a level of pride and professionalism amongest the attorneys. If you do post the AR which provided you success I think it would be good for even if one does not use it successful avenues are always good for a veteran to read and study. It could give a veteran a new ideal on how to approach their claim even if it is not through an AR. However, as you stated one must be careful if they file one for it needs to be a very formal type document in which they are capable of quoting the appropriate laws and providing a sensible interpertaion to said laws. If they do decided to take this approach they should ask for assistance from one of the old guys/gals on hadit that has some experience in this area of VA game play.

You point of putting all in black and white is the most important thing for a veteran to remember and do. None of my important actions that I took on my claims was done by any other means. Even though I can not type long documents or letters due to the loss of function in my left hand my daughter and wife put my words to pen and paper for me. I would suggest to veterans to not accept these silly answers from the VA via IRIS or paper. Those that answer indepth questions about your claim in which they respond with your claim is at the rating board, or your claim is being processed. Every time I received such a response, I would send another inquiry thanking them for their response and their time then begin with "however you failed to understand and properly respond to my inquiry. As you can see from the inquiry below I asked A, B, B and D. Therefore, I once again ask that you provide an appropriate answer to these questions as you inadequate and canned response is not only a waste of my time but the valuable time of the VA. Once again I thank you for you time and assistance to the disabled veteran community." Normally the next response was a full answer to my question.

You do not have to be nasty (most of the time) but you must demand that they reconize and properly respond to your questions. Do not let them off the hook. And as you have provided always, and I mean always print your responses. I have one folder titled IRIS responses and one titled Snail responses. I keep a copy of all responses to my inquires in the appropriate folder along with a copy in the claim folder for that particular claim/issue.

Sorry for ranting in the middle of your post but you simply brought out some very good points. I hope this new DRO process goes quickly for you. You always do but don't forget to give us the day to day plays as your claim unfolds - this is always very useful to veterans working on their claims.