VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Health Records Question

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I received a call today from St Louis. I did as Berta suggested I wrote and ask that they call me so I could tell them specifically what I needed and they sure enough called.. I wanted to know if these particular records that I am seeking(Mental Health Record from Active Duty)are kept in the same area such as the same building with the SMR's or some where's else? He said it would be about 4 or 5 days....Thanks

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry guys got med'ed up when I wrote this and I edited it so its somewhat readable sorry...

• HadIt.com Elder
I received a call today from St Louis. I did as Berta suggested I wrote and ask that they call me so I could tell them specifically what I needed and they sure enough called.. I wanted to know if these particular records that I am seeking(Mental Health Record from Active Duty)are kept in the same area such as the same building with the SMR's or some where's else? He said it would be about 4 or 5 days....Thanks

Yoggie,

I knew the technician would call you.

They sure saved my life when they called me and had located my long

lost psychiatric records of 40 years.

Best to you,

Betty

Yoggie,

I knew the technician would call you.

Sorry, I meant Betty told me,lol. Yeah, you were spot on they called just like you said and were real helpful, I swear if they find these records I don't think the VA will have to pay a dime because I will fall over dead from shock!....

• HadIt.com Elder
Sorry, I meant Betty told me,lol. Yeah, you were spot on they called just like you said and were real helpful, I swear if they find these records I don't think the VA will have to pay a dime because I will fall over dead from shock!....

Oh, No you won't. I am a lot older than

you and I survived the shock.

No resuscitation needed here!! Boy, oh Boy, they came through for me.

Mine were missing for 40 years.

I bet they are there. This brings joy to my Heart!

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich: They should all be located in the same place. Be aware, though, when I sent to the NPRC for my SMR's, I only received a few pages (maybe 15), and was told that the VA had the rest. I did have a claim working at the time, but they should be returned after the claim is finished.

I receive no copies of my Mental Health records with my c-file, I mean none and the VA stated in my denial I had no history of treatment while in service I was treated at home and in the gulf..

Betty, I think you know the joy it will bring to me if they send them suckers to me OH God my mind races thinking about having them in my hand and I thank you so much for this ....

Edited by yoggie2