VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First C & P Today

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

first exam today times 2.monday i have 2 more.what can i expect from today's as far as hearing some results.i spent 10 minutes with doctor,when he was finished he ask me how did i ever manage to drive to the exam,because i can't move my neck for 34 years.then they took about 20 xrays and gave me a check for gas.will the results be ready for me to see soon?

the exams monday are for eyes and hearing .

Edited by simple fly

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

first exam today times 2.monday i have 2 more.what can i expect from today's as far as hearing some results.i spent 10 minutes with doctor,when he was finished he ask me how did i ever manage to drive to the exam,because i can't move my neck for 34 years.then they took about 20 xrays and gave me a check for gas.will the results be ready for me to see soon?

the exams monday are for eyes and hearing .

Should be ready in about two weeks or maybe a litter sooner. Just make sure on Monday that you drop by the ROI office and sign a release so they will mail you copies.

thanks everyone, one last remark and i'll get off here.

while visiting with the doctor from QTC services ,i informed him i would be back on monday for an audiology appt and asked him about the audiologist.his remark was "we don't have an audiologist,we just have a lady that is knowledgeable on the testing machine and why they let that slide i don't know"

now the red flags are flying...any comments ?

• HadIt.com Elder
thanks everyone, one last remark and i'll get off here.

while visiting with the doctor from QTC services ,i informed him i would be back on monday for an audiology appt and asked him about the audiologist.his remark was "we don't have an audiologist,we just have a lady that is knowledgeable on the testing machine and why they let that slide i don't know"

now the red flags are flying...any comments ?

Well, if all you are going for Monday is a hearing test.......and she is knowledgeable on the testing machine....then I see no problems. Now, if you were going to be fitted with hearing-aids then that would be another story. After all, when we did our induction physicals, we didn't have an "audiologist" perform our hearing tests, did we?

Nope, we had some corpsman who was 19 years old, and it seemed to work okay with them. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

According to the CFR, the audio C&P must be performed by an audiologist:

§ 4.85 Evaluation of hearing impairment.

(a) An examination for hearing impairment for VA purposes must be conducted by a state-licensed audiologist and must include a controlled speech discrimination test (Maryland CNC) and a puretone audiometry test. Examinations will be conducted without the use of hearing aids.

I would not say anything negative during the exam, but I would try to find out the testers credentials. If you find out that she is not a audiologist, then you need to contact your RO right away and let them know that this exam is not acceptable for rating puroposes according to 38 CFR 4.85.

I would wait until I get the results of the exam first, though. You never know, it may fall in you favor. It's nice to have this information if it doesn't, though.