VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Thought

Rate this topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Guest Vietnam Tanker

If a person were to decide to stop taking all medications because he is just tired of the regamin, would that be construed as a suicide attempt?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say in your own heart you'd know that but I know there is time I have moments of clarity that I want to stop all the meds, 5 or 6 meds daily and I'm 39 and sometimes I feel they make me worse, Now in the eye of the VA (I assume this is what you mean) it would depend if those meds your taking are keeping close to sane or alive. Then you have to look at the test they run to see it your meds are in there and if they are working and could possibly affect you P and C. but this is just my 2 cents....

• HadIt.com Elder

Everytime I see some quit taking meds the results are not good.

Why not talk to someone in Mental Health if they will see you?

I've quit taking my meds (psych meds) before because of side effects and bad interactions with my other meds. The VA mental health person prescribing them (an RN) never bothers to check interactions and neither does the pharmacy....so when I begin to get sick, I stop taking them.

I consider that to be self-preservation.

If a person were to decide to stop taking all medications because he is just tired of the regamin, would that be construed as a suicide attempt?

Tank if the intended outcome of your actions was death the I would have to assume so. If it is a case of you are just weary from the continued regime then no.

However, in either case my friend this is something you do not want to do for there will better days. Trust me. Sometimes meds tend to wear all of us down to the point we do not know which end is up - but there is always a reason to keep taking them. Maybe the wife; maybe the children or maybe the grandkids. They all depend on us in one way or another. Or maybe, just maybe it is the fact that you love life! Now get your head up and move forward. If you need help get it now - without fail for there is another group that depends on you too and it is us here. even if you live thousands of miles away we veterans still depend on those who made it out of the jungle, the desert or any other God forsaken place. As Pete has said just go talk to someone my friend for the veteran community is on a fast paced road to leaving this place and we do not need to be doing things to ourselves that will harm us.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Thanks for the input. I do not need to see a MH Doc, I was only asking what if. I do not stop my meds with out first talking to whatever Doc prescribed them. I was just thinking outside the box, Yes I am very tired of all these scripts, I take 38 Meds a day and it is getting to me so many chemicals will surely cause harm somewhere down the road. Anyway thanks to all for the responses and advice, that is why I love the HADIT Family.