VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand Vet Here

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Kurt, a member here, has proven to the VA that he was exposed in Thailand to AO.

He had a lot of evidence:

"The service department researched the issue of use of herbicides at airports in Thailand and found documentation of approval to conduct

soil sterilization and/or defoliation operations on or around US occupied installations in Thailand. [uSMACTHAI/JUSMACTHAI Mission Policy

on Base Defense, Nov. 1, 1969]

You were stationed at Korat AFB, Thailand and provided pictures and statement of your duties, including perimeter checking with dogs.

Because the service department shows documentation supporting authorization use of herbicides at US occupied installations in Thailand

and you provided statements and pictures supporting the contention; exposure to herbicides in Thailand is conceded.' [Project CHECO:

Base Defense in Thailand, 18 Feb 73]"

He had a battle and now AO exposure has been conceded for him.

Evidence is everything (and persistence)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a shame he has to file for it. It should be presumptive. I have a couple of AO Tialand Vets who keep getting shafted.

Great Job Kurt.

I just read the entire decision and it is wonderful-

there are some holes in it-

overall rating 70% but no TDIU-which can be challenged.

Jbasser-we need to reach Thailand vets-

We are going to do a show with Kurt at SVR- I am hoping this week but dont know what is planned there yet-

it would be great if the vets you know could listen in and get in touch with us-at our call free number show 1-877-213-4329

This is why the Agent Orange Equity Act HAS to be punched up-

with input directly from AO 'not-in-Nam' vets-

Blue Waters and all Thailand, Okinawa, Guam, Laos etc etc veterans who have disabilities on the AO presumptive list-have to get together and unite on this-

http://veteransinfo.org/id58.html

http://www.vspa.com/k9/exposure.htm

These two sites and Blue Water Navy site have contact info for them to reach Kurt or many of us pursuing this issue-

as well as SVR Radio-I will post that info as soon as we can get Kurt on the show-

Edited by Berta