VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro "reportedly" Has Appeal File

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

I have submitted new and material evidence since a DRO issued a denial SSOC. I also have submitted a form 9. I was told today by a VSR (1-800) that the diary in VACOLS shows my c-file is with a DRO (again) and that the diary entry includes a suspense date of 13 Aug 08.

I'm hoping the end is in sight or at least a new SSOC will be issued--what do ya'll think?

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ron, how long since the DRO issued the denial? Reason I ask, checked on my De Novo to DRO, told by (1-800) the suspense date, was overdue and in red. Few months later, I did the Iris, their reply 'still pending a determination by the Decision Review Officer.' only showing date of my submission.

Not sure, but I read that if SOC issued it could move faster. I suspect there are different 'suspense' dates for each DRO response depending. For now relax, reread and relax again.

Best to ya,

CG'up!

the process.

I have submitted new and material evidence since a DRO issued a denial SOC. I also have submitted a form 9. I was told today by a VSR (1-800) that the diary in VACOLS shows my c-file is with a DRO (again) and that the diary entry includes a suspense date of 13 Aug 08.

I'm hoping the end is in sight or at least a new SSOC will be issued--what do ya'll think?

Ron

Hello CG,

1. Submitted claim: Aug 06

2. Original decison with SOC: Aug 07

3. Filed NOD & requested DRO review: Sep 07

4. DRO denial with SSOC: Jan 08

5. Filed Form 9 and new & material evidence: Feb 08

6. Told DRO is reviewing file (yes, I know) and VACOLS diary has a 13 Aug 08 supense: 4 Aug 08

The claim has not been reviewed at a higher level than the VARO. I had hopes it would be resolved before a review in Washington, DC.

Please ignore my request for comments--I was abducted by aliens who assured me the 1-800 number always was right on the mark with info.

Ron

Hey Ron I was wondering how long did it take for you to get your "SOC" after your decision letter?? or did it come together on your denial on your claim?? Thanks Rich

Hey Ron I was wondering how long did it take for you to get your "SOC" after your decision letter?? or did it come together on your denial on your claim?? Thanks Rich

Hi Rich,

I received a SOC with my first denial (some other disabilities were approved on that one).

I received a SSOC with my second denial (DRO)--appeal.

The SOC/SSOC did not come separate.

Ron

Hi Rich,

I received a SOC with my first denial (some other disabilities were approved on that one).

I received a SSOC with my second denial (DRO)--appeal.

The SOC/SSOC did not come separate.

Ron

Soooooo? Man, I hope this don't sound to crazy, so your saying your "Determination letter" is a form of SOC? I thought the SOC came with a form #9, which I never got just a "Determination letter" and filed a NOD on that. You know what's strange I have yet to see it happen to someone else here on the Board.

Hey Ron, I hope my DRO don't get loaned to your VARO and she finds out you know me. Boy will you be in for the long haul hahahahahahahahahaha.

Nah it just takes time.