VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Using Allsup For Ssd Claim

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Recently, I filed for SSD and decided to use use Allsup. Everything seemed to be fine until they sent me a pre authorized withdrawal direction to sign. I have read this over very carefully along with my wife. We both feel that this form is beyond what they initially state for working on your claim. There is no way I will sign a form to release funds to allsup at any time they wish. I have not spoke with them on this matter. Wanted to get some input first. I feeling a bit of uncertainty about Allsup now.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why not call Social Security and ask them how they get paid I always thought that they paid a third party like that from your win.

I had a lawyer for my CUE claim but felt uncomfortable with the fee agreement and revoked my POA- Never sign anything you are uncomfortable with-

But ALLSUP has a specific fee rate-

I would certainly call them to see if this can be squared away-(maybe better to email them at their site-that way you have hard copy)-

I assume you mean a fee agreement that would be paid out of any retroaxctive SSA award?

I had a lawyer for my CUE claim but felt uncomfortable with the fee agreement and revoked my POA- Never sign anything you are uncomfortable with-

But ALLSUP has a specific fee rate-

I would certainly call them to see if this can be squared away-(maybe better to email them at their site-that way you have hard copy)-

I assume you mean a fee agreement that would be paid out of any retroaxctive SSA award?

In cases where's there's retroactive payment, the attorneys put that form into the packet to protect themselves from non-payment of fees. Berta's right, there is a cap on fees (I think it's $5,300). In my husband's case, with Binder and Binder, there was no retroactive payment due, in which case we signed a form stating that we would pay the minimum out of pocket, which was $1,000. When we received the decision granting the application on the first attempt, we gladly cut the check and paid the fee. However, it was before having received the first payment from Social Security.

Afterwards, we paid $15 for Binder and Binder to send us all evidence in their files, since after a short time, they destroy it unless the client wants it back. Well worth the minimal amount of money if you need the information to support a VA claim.

I just finished using Allsup for SS. The form you have to sign authorizes them to take their share of your SS award from your first SS check. Thios is perectly legal and is endorsed by SS. $5300.00 is the maximum they can take from your award. They have you sign to let them take the money out of your bank account at the first award deposit. This is po protect them from not being paid by you. This system is all legal and the SS checks to make sure enough money is taken.

As is Allsups policy CALL THEM if you have concerns. I was very happy with the way they handled my claim, even though I had to pay the $5300.00. I would gladly have paid twice as much to avoid they hassle SS gave me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you all for your input. I did contact Allsup and told them my concerns. They were very upfront about that particular form and told me if I did not want to sign I could pay by check or electronic debit, if an award is given. So I guess it worked out for best. I am just a little paranoid about signing forms that seem to be questionable to me. Again, thanks for the in put, its a great site!

I used allsup and was awarded on the first attempt.....They were very honest and explained there fees in dept with me and answered all my questions....If you do not want to hassle with all the sc paperwork and all the contacting with sc then please use them,,,,you will be glad that you did..............