VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Commits Suicide

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The numbers continue to rise, and the public have no idea what the high numbers are with vet suicides. Maybe they don't care, but I think they do.

There are so many vets who are unaware of the help that is out there. Many do not have any idea of the benefits they might be eligible for, and the sites and books and people that are out there who can help them.

Every time I go to the VA hosp for my appointments, I share this with others.

If any are interested I suggest they read John D. Roche's books, look up vwwatchdog.org and hadit.com on the computer, or get someone with computer savy to help them.

Utalize the library, and va.gov web pages. Look for help with a VSO they have all in the VA hospitals.

Stop, look, listen and you can always find a vet distressed over the system, some I just hand a piece of paper with the sites mentioned above. Some people can be approached, and some just receive the written message.

All of those have thanked me as they are not aware or educated in this process.

The big reason to promote VET EDUCATION is to attempt to prevent suicides...there is help out there.

All of us have gotten down, but have prevaled in working together to offer HOPE when there doesn't appear much. Life is too precious and no matter what happens we gave so much for our country, we need to protect eachother vets and live to get what we deserve and not let the VA ever win when it comes to our lives.

Just like in a game; GO FIGHT WIN !! Never settle. Never be beaten by the VA. We are the WINNERS!