VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Depression

Rate this question

huskerfanfl

Question

I had a C&P examination today to increase my disability rating for depression which is currently 30%. I cannot remember everything but can remember the following

1. Loss of engaging in pleasurable activities Have not been interested in sex for six months. He asked if I could, I told him yes but have had no desire. He asked if I had friends I hang out with and I told him no. I pretty much just spent time reading and isolate through the reading.

2. He asked about my job. I have been written up for arguing with a coworker, have been denied a promotion and have continued to argue with coworkers and been short with the residents at the facility at which I work. I also told him that I was having trouble remembering what I was going to say when doing class with PowerPoints and had missed meetings because I did not feel up to going.

3. Wife has to remind me to take my medicine, have three calendars and still have to be reminded about appointments.

4. He asked if I was a church going man. I told him yes. He asked how often. I miss 75% or more.

5, He asked about temper. I admitted I through things at work and home to keep from hurting anyone. He asked if I thought about killing anyone I told him yes, but it is fleeting.

6. Asked about spending and income. I told him I have direct deposit, do not use my debit card because I had forgotten to tell my wife the last time I used it and we had bounced 3 checks as a result. He asked how I got cash and I told him my wife goes to the bank and gets me money. If I need to purchase something and do not have the cash we go to the store together.

Asked me to start at 100 and subtract 7, which took a while on each number but I did. Asked something about a low brook and noise and what I thought it meant. Asked me to spell world which I did and then spell it backwards and misspelled it I think.

He asked about my anxiety attacks and told him I still get 3 - 5 a week based on physical difficulties.

Finally he asked if my medicine I was on for depression was working and I told him that it was keeping me from killing myself so I guess that is the most I can hope for.

Forgot, he asked me about hygiene. I told him that wife has been having to remind me about that as well

All of these are true answers. Any comments?

Edited by huskerfanfl

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd hate to comment until you get the C&P report, because those anwers could get changed into you being a sex hound and you have 50 friends that you party with every weekend. Your answers were in line with a higher rating, but let's make sure of what is on the report first. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

Like rentaldude has said, get a copy of your C&P from the medical records office at your VA Med Center. It's easy if you live fairly close, just drop in and they will have you sign a form and they will print it off as you wait. Takes about as long as it take a laser-jet printer to print.

Then you/we will have a better idea what to say.

I did not offer any answers to any questions that could be construed as me giving idiotic advice, but just in case someone thinks that I did, then I take back everything I just said.

LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder
I did not offer any answers to any questions that could be construed as me giving idiotic advice, but just in case someone thinks that I did, then I take back everything I just said.

LarryJ

Not necessary, Larry. Funny...but not necessary.

• HadIt.com Elder

Husker

Do you have an IMO to support a higher rating, or any private medical reports or records? This is usually how you really win these claims and get much higher ratings.

• HadIt.com Elder
Not necessary, Larry. Funny...but not necessary.

Just coverin my 6, just coverin my 6. Don't want to get shot down.........again. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

Husker, do you have a private provider or only the VA. If you have the VA you could ask for your last one or two clinic visit notes. My psych is required to 'authorize' me to get mine. Maybe call ahead for preparation so you can get both the copy of the C&P and clinic visit notes too.

Keep in touch and best to ya!

Thanks for the smile ;) Larry, are you a politician!?

cg

Larry