VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Something Other Than Gabapentin....

Rate this topic

;) Wondering minds want to know... I finally get to see my new Psych on Monday - I haven't seen one since last August, other then by TV consultations. Is there another drug that don't have the side effect of weight gain, swollen leg and ankle, and a green discharge from my eyes. I would kind of like to know the medicine he might prescribe. Let's here the good and the bad.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) Just letting you know that I finally got to see a "Real Pscych" (as opposed to a television set), and the VA has struck again. I was told by her that my prescription for Gabapentin was never needed, and can see no reason why it was ordered. I guess 50mg of Citalopram was all that was necessary. After 11 months of it, my weight rose 75#, my left leg and ankle has been swollen for that period, not to say the funky green discharge from my eyes. She is in the process of slowly weaning me off. Medicate, Medicate.....

those side effects are scary and I just started taking it. I knew about possible swelling but wasn't aware of the disharge and weight gain. I'm afraid to take Lyrica due to the side effects. I keep praying for relief but nothing is safe. I'm to the point of trying acupuncture.