VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claim Processing--blocks Of Files By Date Range

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

I asked my VARO for information pertaining to the date range of claims/appeals they were currently working. Their reply follows:

Dear Mr. xxxx:

We do not process appeals or claims in 'blocks' with date ranges. They are worked in date of claim or date of appeal order. You requested a video hearing on your VA Form 9, dated February 15, 2008. The original date of your notice of disagreement was September 11, 2007. We are currently setting video hearings for appeals that were received between the end of 2006 and early 2007. I cannot tell you when your hearing will be scheduled.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Edited by Ron II

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"We are currently setting video hearings for appeals that were received between the end of 2006 and early 2007."

But, they don't work them in date ranges.....................huh?

"We are currently setting video hearings for appeals that were received between the end of 2006 and early 2007."

But, they don't work them in date ranges.....................huh?

You gave me a good laugh... ;)

Ron

• In Memoriam

My VC hearings were at the beginning of the new VC process. I guess VA is trying to get the VC hearings in sync with the regular hearings. This is very sad. The process was supposed to eliminate waiting for long periods of time.

I do know that VC hearing have cancellations and move hearing up in date, if approved by the VET. You may be able to move up the date in this way.

My VC hearings were at the beginning of the new VC process. I guess VA is trying to get the VC hearings in sync with the regular hearings. This is very sad. The process was supposed to eliminate waiting for long periods of time.

I do know that VC hearing have cancellations and move hearing up in date, if approved by the VET. You may be able to move up the date in this way.

Thanks for the info! I also thought the VC hearing would be faster. I'm hoping my new and material evidence that I've submitted will negate the need for a VC hearing.

Thanks again...

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

Ron, at least you did not get this answer. Duh, Which Way doo we go??????

I have always said they go by dates of claims as they are instructed to do claims by date. This allows them to take full advantage of the time alotted to process claims, and cost the Vet time. Even if the claim is a slam dunk and can be processed quickly. Then when they get into the flurry at the end of the dates period, They process a bunch of claims in a hurrid manner thus creating some of these rediculous denials we often see.