VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gao Report--includes Info Re: Vsr Training, Etc.

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

ANother great link Ron THANKS!!!!!

64 pages-recent report- to me this stuff is like a steak dinner with a steamed lobster on the side!and unlimited amounts of brownies!

Cant wait to read it- I only wish I had the time to read everything out there-

there is so much going on at VA these days!

All of these reports, M21-1s, directives, training etc,

are important parts of the vast weapons cache we all need to fight in the War of the Words that the VA claims process usually is.

ANother great link Ron THANKS!!!!!

64 pages-recent report- to me this stuff is like a steak dinner with a steamed lobster on the side!and unlimited amounts of brownies!

Cant wait to read it- I only wish I had the time to read everything out there-

there is so much going on at VA these days!

All of these reports, M21-1s, directives, training etc,

are important parts of the vast weapons cache we all need to fight in the War of the Words that the VA claims process usually is.

Talk about steak dinners, I just read the first two paragraphs and essentially what the GAO said was, (1) That VA employee must attend 80 hrs of training when they are first employed and additional training each year. (2) They must attend, but are not penalized if they fail or do poorly, (3) and their was no accountability to whether the VA employee was even doing the required training each year.

Its no wonder they can't seem to get our claims straight. Hell!, if I failed my training, at my last job, I was required to take, I might not even get a second chance before I was shown the door. It's like having having a lawn mower mechanic working on todays computorized autos. Without the training and showing you learned from the training, ther's no way you can expect to get things done right the first time, let alone the next, until finally someone with the trainiing and understanding get ahold of it, and corrects the mistakes.

I'm wondering if they finally get accountability changes done, are they still going to let those who fail their training, to get a pass without any kind of penalty?

Rockhound Rider ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

If everywhere is like Dallas it does not take the Veterans long to figure out who are the good ones and stay away from the bad ones.

Its my firm conviction that in the first stages of a claim the Veteran needs help from a VSO and later if they do their homework on Hadit they will be able to handle their claim with their own direction.

A VSO also helps when the claim moves to RO and BVA cause usually the Service Organization has better quality service officers at the Hearing Level. Not always but my experience was that the RO and BVA Service Officers had more on the ball.

Last of all what happens to your claim is totally your responsibility so manage your claim appropriately.

Edited by Pete53

If everywhere is like Dallas it does not take the Veterans long to figure out who are the good ones and stay away from the bad ones.

Its my firm conviction that in the first stages of a claim the Veteran needs help from a VSO and later if they do their homework on Hadit they will be able to handle their claim with their own direction.

A VSO also helps when the claim moves to RO and BVA cause usually the Service Organization has better quality service officers at the Hearing Level. Not always but my experience was that the RO and BVA Service Officers had more on the ball.

Last of all what happens to your claim is totally your responsibility so manage your claim appropriately.

I don't have the experience with the VA that you do, but for what it's worth I couldn't agree with you more.

Ron